Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
Re: Comments on Delphi  Daniel A.
 Jul 28, 2004 09:38 PDT

--MS_Mac_OE_3173863096_145368_MIME_Part

Kurt,

You are correct when you say we need to define the subject of the study. I
believe the policy issue you suggested is beyond the scope of the Wind
Working Group. (I'm still relatively new to the group, so John Sarver can
correct me if I am mistaken.) But it would be good to know if Next Energy
is studying that issue.

I have been given a preliminary goal of identifying all the issues to be
considered when locating (siting) wind turbines, and ranking these issues in
order of importance.

Which brings up an important question: Why should I conduct such a study
AFTER siting guidelines have been published?

-Daniel

From: kurtguter <kurtg-@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:34:42 -0400
To: mw-@topica.com
Subject: MiWWG: Comments on Delphi

Dear Daniel,
Unfortunately I missed the last meeting but I am very interested in better
understanding this process. I am particularly interested in defining the
subject that will be the focus of the process.

If the Delphi is used to try to achieve consensus on policy issues, I
believe the policy issue we should be addressing is, "What should be the
means of generating electricity in Michigan in the future?" Or rank the
following sources of electrical generation (nuclear fission, solar, coal,
wind, biomass, natural gas, oil, geothermal, nuclear fusion, hydro, other)
from most desirable to least desirable as the preferred electrical
generation in the future. Once these policy issues are agreed to, the
details of implementing a preferred policy can be developed.

I will be curious to hear other ideas on this topic to see if there is
consensus on what this proposed Delphi effort should address.

Thank you for the opportunity for input.
Kurt Guter

Kurt Guter
4045 Cygnet Court
Williamston, MI 48895
517-655-8171
kurtg-@cablespeed.com

--MS_Mac_OE_3173863096_145368_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: MiWWG: Comments on Delphi</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Kurt, <BR>
<BR>
You are correct when you say we need to define the subject of the study.  I believe the policy issue you suggested is beyond the scope of the Wind Working Group. (I'm still relatively new to the group, so John Sarver can correct me if I am mistaken.) But it would be good  to know if Next Energy  is studying that issue. <BR>
<BR>
I have been given a preliminary goal of  identifying all the issues to be considered when locating (siting) wind turbines, and ranking these issues in order of importance. <BR>
<BR>
Which brings up an important question: Why should I conduct such a study AFTER siting guidelines have been published?<BR>
<BR>
-Daniel<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<B>From: </B>kurtguter <kurtg-@cablespeed.com><BR>
<B>Reply-To: </B>mw-@topica.com<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:34:42 -0400<BR>
<B>To: </B>mw-@topica.com<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>MiWWG: Comments on Delphi<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE="2"><FONT FACE="Arial">Dear Daniel,<BR>
Unfortunately I missed the last meeting but I am very interested in better understanding this process.  I am particularly interested in defining the subject that will be the focus of  the process.<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT SIZE="2"><FONT FACE="Arial">If the Delphi is used to try to achieve consensus on policy issues, I believe the policy issue we should be addressing is, "What should be the means of generating electricity in Michigan in the future?"  Or rank the following sources of electrical generation (nuclear fission, solar, coal, wind, biomass, natural gas, oil, geothermal, nuclear fusion, hydro, other) from most desirable to least desirable as the preferred electrical generation in the future.  Once these policy issues are agreed to, the details of implementing a preferred policy can be developed.<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT SIZE="2"><FONT FACE="Arial">I will be curious to hear other ideas on this topic to see if there is consensus on what this proposed Delphi effort should address.<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT SIZE="2"><FONT FACE="Arial">Thank you for the opportunity for input.<BR>
Kurt Guter<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE="2"><FONT FACE="Arial">Kurt Guter<BR>
4045 Cygnet Court<BR>
Williamston, MI 48895<BR>
517-655-8171<BR>
kurtg-@cablespeed.com<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3173863096_145368_MIME_Part--