Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
RE: Delphi - Next steps  Sarver, John H (DLEG)
 Aug 19, 2004 10:00 PDT

Dan....You may want to look at the Permitting of Wind Energy Facilities at http://www.nationalwind.org/pubs/permit/permitting2002.pdf. It covers the various issues in a concise format. Thank you for the NY suggestions......John

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel a. [mailto:galactic-@nethere.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 12:22 PM
To: mw-@topica.com
Subject: RE: LTU Wind Delphi: Delphi - Next steps

RE: Lawrence Tech's Wind Energy Siting Delphi
John,

I know Dr. Fletcher gave a presentation on shadow flicker, and I've
heard that he gave one on sound pressure levels. (although I haven't
seen it yet) So I think those two topics are covered.

Then National Wind Coordinating Committee, Safe Wind.info, and the US
Fish and Wildlife service have published considerable literature on the
impact to wildlife. There is so much that I will probably need some help
determining how much is relevant to MI.

By the way, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
has published several very informative documents. Two in particular
caught my eye. "Wind Energy Development Guide for Local for Local
Authorities in NY" and the "Small Wind Consumer's Guide". I think I
might be able to 'borrow' some information from these documents for our
tutorials.

Norm thought you and Tom would also find this document very useful:
"Using Wind Power to Hedge Volatile Electricity Prices for Commercial
and Industrial Customers in New York"

They are all available for download from:
http://www.nyserda.org/energyresources/wind.html

-Daniel Alberts
LTU Wind Delphi Project

Sarver, John H (DLEG) wrote:

Hi Dan.....I came up with a list of five......John

1. Set backs from property lines, houses, and/or roads
2. Sound pressure levels
4. Design & appearance of wind turbines and towers
5. Impact on wildlife & ecosystems
6. Shadow flicker