Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
Two questions  Daniel A.
 Aug 30, 2004 12:11 PDT

--MS_Mac_OE_3176723469_7747847_MIME_Part

Folks,

I need some help determining what would be the best definition for 'small'
turbines for our Delphi Inquiry. Seems each state has defined small
turbines differently.

California:      400 W - 100 KW
Michigan:       less than 300 KW
New York:       less than 250 KW
Oregon:            500 W - 10 KW

The reason this question could be important is that while I was researching
the other states' guidelines, I discovered that there could potentially be 4
different scales of project.

onsite residential/agricultural
onsite industrial
utility vendors with single turbine or distributed systems utility
wind farms

Answers to questions about noise, setbacks, foundations, compatible land
uses, etc. could potentially be very different for each of these project
scales. Survey questions need to be clear about which scale of project they
refer to. (Are the words 'large' and 'small' inadequate for our needs?)

Which leads to a second question. If our Delphi surveys becomes too large,
we might have to focus our efforts on one or two of these project scales.
How should we prioritize these four project scales?

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project
dja1-@nethere.com

--MS_Mac_OE_3176723469_7747847_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Two questions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Folks,<BR>
<BR>
I need some help determining what would be the best definition for 'small' turbines for our Delphi Inquiry.  Seems each state has defined small turbines differently. <BR>
<BR>
California:      400 W - 100 KW<BR>
Michigan:       less than 300 KW<BR>
New York:       less than 250 KW<BR>
Oregon:            500 W - 10 KW<BR>
<BR>
The reason this question could be important is that while I was researching the other states' guidelines, I discovered that there could potentially be 4 different scales of project.<BR>
<BR>
<UL><LI>onsite residential/agricultural
<LI>onsite industrial
<LI>utility vendors with single turbine or distributed systems utility
<LI>wind farms<BR>
</UL><BR>
Answers to questions about noise, setbacks, foundations, compatible land uses, etc. could potentially be very different for each of these project scales. Survey questions need to be clear about which scale of project they refer to. (Are the words 'large' and 'small' inadequate for our needs?)<BR>
<BR>
Which leads to a second question. If our Delphi surveys becomes too large, we might have to focus our efforts on one or two of these project scales.  How should we prioritize these four project scales? <BR>
<BR>
-Daniel<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Daniel Alberts<BR>
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project<BR>
dja1-@nethere.com<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3176723469_7747847_MIME_Part--