Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
RE: Two questions  Donald W. Johns
 Aug 31, 2004 08:46 PDT

I think you are absolutely correct. The technologies and conditions are so
diverse that it would be like comparing lawnmowers and jet airliners.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel a. [mailto:galactic-@nethere.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 10:34 AM
To: mw-@topica.com
Subject: RE: LTU Wind Delphi: Two questions

RE: Lawrence Tech's Wind Energy Siting Delphi
Donald,

Thank you. The literature I've read so far has given me some ideas about
the size of residential applications, but no clue about the potential
size of on-site industrial. So I was questioning if we might to address
those two situations separately.

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project

Donald W. Johns wrote:

John, Dan, and MWWG members:

     This is a non issue. Any developer of a wind farm is going to use the
largest units available. Currently that is in the 1.5 MW range.
Residential applications are going to be very small--measured in
kilowatts.
The more important questions are is there anything that is economically
viable for residential/ small commercial applications and what are the
impacts on neighbors of such small units. Any applications in between
is
going to be so rare and so case specific that it is almost a waste of
time.

Don

From: "Stanton, Thomas S (DLEG)" <tsta-@michigan.gov>

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:37:23 -0400
To: mw-@topica.com

RE: Lawrence Tech's Wind Energy Siting Delphi
My reactions:

(1) Use Michigan guideline of less than 300 kW.

(2) Use two different mutually exclusive scenarios in your questions:
(a)
individual machines, on-site, primarily for providing electricity to be
used
on site; versus (b) machines intended for making money through the sale
of
electricity... which covers utility scale applications and "wind farms".

--Tom S.