Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
wind turbine noise and plant growth...  Daniel J. Alberts
 Nov 11, 2004 19:01 PST

People,

I'm reading a book titled, "Noise Pollution" by Clifford Bragdon. The book
mentions a study where tobacco plants exposed to continuous noise levels of
100 dB exhibit a 40% decrease in growth compared to similar plants not
exposed to the noise.

Since turbine noise can range from 102-107 dB at the source, this might be
relevant to our audience.

Unfortunately, The book says the source of this information is from 1969.
("Effect of Random Noise on Plant Growth" Journal of Acoustical Society of
America, 46:8) and I can't seem to find anything more recent.

Can anyone follow up with this and find me some more recent information?

Thanks.

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Project Leader