Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
Re: date for for Wildlife teleconference  Daniel A.
 Jan 12, 2005 22:33 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3188424597_5454707_MIME_Part

Tim,

Yes, I'm going to need lots of help with this one. Probably more than last
time.

NREL publishes statistics on the amounts of greenhouse gases emitted by
power plants, including projected estimates for the next 20 years (for the
whole USA). NREL created several different projections based on how much
wind energy replaces coal in the next 20 years.

The Energy Office of Michigan, in their 2004 Annual Report to the Michigan
Public Service Commission on Michigan's Renewable Energy Program, is
recommending that the State of Michigan adopt the following policies:
Set a goal of installing 800 MW of wind power by the year 2010.
Adopt statewide policies to encourage the development of wind energy in
Michigan.
Adopt a Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) that requires 1.0% of all energy
sold within the state of Michigan be generated from renewable sources
(including wind) by December 2006.
Increase the RPS requirement by 0.5 % each year to reach a total of 10% by
2015.

See if you can find or figure out how adopting these recommendations would
affect the amount of pollution generated in Michigan between now and 2020.
The Michigan Public Service Commission might have already estimated these
numbers, but I'm not certain where they are published.

If they're not on the web, contact Tom Stanton (517) 241-6086
tsta-@michigan.gov. Let him know you're helping me out.

AESG is meeting next Wed, I'll see you then.

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Project Leader
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project
www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/delphi_wind.asp
dja1-@nethere.com
home: (586) 939-4325
office: (313)235-5826
cell: (586) 719-0217

From: TIM BEDRA <tbedra-@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:48:49 -0800 (PST)
To: mw-@topica.com
Subject: Re: [Delphi] date for for Wildlife teleconference

Hey Dan,

Hope you had a good Christmas break. Is there any specific help you are
going to need to prepare for this upcoming Delphi inquiry. Let me know.
Thanks.

Tim

Daniel Alberts <galactic-@nethere.com> wrote:
Hey folks,

We are moving ahead with the next Delphi Inquiry. We will hold a
teleconference on the Environmental and Wildlife Impacts of Wind Turbines on
Feb 14 at 8:30 am. (Yes, we'll start at 8:30 this time.)

Same locations in Bad Axe, Copper Country and Traverse City. I will also
have our web administrator post the instructions for connecting to the
webcast.

If there are any questions you want us to address, please let us know.

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Project Leader
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project
www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/delphi_wind.asp
dja1-@nethere.com
home: (586) 939-4325
office: (313)235-5826
cell: (586) 719-0217

P.S. I'll present the results of the Noise Impact survey at the Wind Working
Group meeting on Jan

--MS_Mac_OE_3188424597_5454707_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Delphi] date for for Wildlife teleconference</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Tim,<BR>
<BR>
Yes, I'm going to need lots of help with this one. Probably more than last time. <BR>
<BR>
NREL publishes statistics on the amounts of greenhouse gases emitted by power plants, including projected estimates for the next 20 years (for the whole USA). NREL created several different projections based on how much wind energy replaces coal in the next 20 years. <BR>
<BR>
The Energy Office of Michigan, in their 2004 Annual Report to the Michigan Public Service Commission on Michigan's Renewable Energy Program, is recommending that the State of Michigan adopt the following policies:<BR>
<UL><LI>Set a goal of installing 800 MW of wind power by the year 2010.
<LI>Adopt statewide policies to encourage the development of wind energy in Michigan.
<LI>Adopt a Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) that requires 1.0% of all energy sold within the state of Michigan be generated from renewable sources (including wind) by December 2006.
<LI>Increase the RPS requirement by 0.5 % each year to reach a total of 10% by 2015.<BR>
</UL><BR>
See if you can find or figure out how adopting these recommendations would affect the amount of pollution generated in Michigan between now and 2020. The Michigan Public Service Commission might have already estimated these numbers, but I'm not certain where they are published. <BR>
<BR>
If they're not on the web, contact Tom Stanton (517) 241-6086 tsta-@michigan.gov. Let him know you're helping me out.  <BR>
<BR>
AESG is meeting next Wed, I'll see you then. <BR>
<BR>
-Daniel<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Daniel Alberts<BR>
Project Leader<BR>
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project<BR>
www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/delphi_wind.asp<BR>
dja1-@nethere.com<BR>
home: (586) 939-4325<BR>
office: (313)235-5826<BR>
cell: (586) 719-0217<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Times"><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><B>From: </B>TIM BEDRA <tbedra-@yahoo.com><BR>
<B>Reply-To: </B>mw-@topica.com<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:48:49 -0800 (PST)<BR>
<B>To: </B>mw-@topica.com<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Re: [Delphi] date for for Wildlife teleconference<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Hey Dan,<BR>
<BR>
Hope you had a good Christmas break.  Is there any specific help you are going to need to prepare for this upcoming Delphi inquiry.  Let me know.  Thanks.<BR>
<BR>
Tim<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Daniel Alberts <galactic-@nethere.com></I></B> wrote:<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Hey folks, <BR>
<BR>
We are moving ahead with the next Delphi Inquiry. We will hold a<BR>
teleconference on the Environmental and Wildlife Impacts of Wind Turbines on<BR>
Feb 14 at 8:30 am. (Yes, we'll start at 8:30 this time.)<BR>
<BR>
Same locations in Bad Axe, Copper Country and Traverse City. I will also<BR>
have our web administrator post the instructions for connecting to the<BR>
webcast.<BR>
<BR>
If there are any questions you want us to address, please let us know.<BR>
<BR>
-Daniel<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Daniel Alberts<BR>
Project Leader<BR>
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project<BR>
www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/delphi_wind.asp<BR>
dja1-@nethere.com<BR>
home: (586) 939-4325<BR>
office: (313)235-5826<BR>
cell: (586) 719-0217<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
P.S. I'll present the results of the Noise Impact survey at the Wind Working<BR>
Group meeting on Jan <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3188424597_5454707_MIME_Part--