Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
Delphi reminder  Daniel J. Alberts
 Jan 25, 2005 19:25 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3189536633_13788791_MIME_Part

Everyone,

We will discuss the results of the first Delphi survey on wind turbine noise
at the MI Wind Working Group Meeting Thursday (1/27).

We will have the draft report on LTU's web site in the next few days. In the
mean time, you can download a copy from my personal web site.

   http://home.nethere.net/delphi/DraftReport.PDF

As expected, we did not achieve a consensus on most of the questions. But we
do have some preliminary results:

At least 30 percent of participants felt uncomfortable or unprepared to
answer questions 1, 3 and 5 about dB weighting scales.
A clear majority believe that siting guidelines should include specific
requirements for low-frequency noise and infra noise.
The question about noise indices (L10, L90, Lmax, etc.) was not worded well.
It will have to be reworded before the responses can be useful.
Not enough participants had experience with industrial standards to evaluate
or recommend adopting them.
For question 6, a clear majority responded that noise should be measured
outside the dwelling.
For question 6a, a clear majority responded that noise should be measured at
the property line.

I will try to post some supplemental materials on the dB weighting scales
next week. In the mean time, if anyone has conducted additional research on
this topic, please post your findings to our discussion list. Once you've
joined the list, you can post a message by sending an email to
mw-@topica.com

By the way, a few people have yet to join the discussion list. If you have
tried to join but ran into technical difficulties, please let me know.

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Project Leader
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project
www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/delphi_wind.asp
http://lists.topica.com/lists/mwwg

P.S. We've scheduled the Delphi Inquiry on the Environmental and Wildlife
Impacts of Wind Turbines for Feb 14 at 8:30 am.

--MS_Mac_OE_3189536633_13788791_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Delphi reminder</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Everyone, <BR>
<BR>
We will discuss the results of the first Delphi survey on wind turbine noise at the MI Wind Working Group Meeting Thursday (1/27). <BR>
<BR>
We will have the draft report on LTU's web site in the next few days. In the mean time, you can download a copy from my personal web site. <BR>
<BR>
   http://home.nethere.net/delphi/DraftReport.PDF<BR>
<BR>
As expected, we did not achieve a consensus on most of the questions. But we do have some preliminary results:<BR>
<BR>
<UL><LI><FONT SIZE="4"><FONT FACE="Bookman Old Style">At least 30 percent of participants felt uncomfortable or unprepared to answer questions 1, 3 and 5 about dB weighting scales.
<LI>A clear majority believe that siting guidelines should include specific requirements for low-frequency noise and infra noise.
<LI>The question about noise indices (L10, L90, Lmax, etc.) was not worded well. It will have to be reworded before the responses can be useful.
<LI>Not enough participants had experience with industrial standards to evaluate or recommend adopting them.
<LI>For question 6, a clear majority responded that noise should be measured outside the dwelling.
<LI>For question 6a, a clear majority responded that noise should be measured at the property line. <BR>
</FONT></FONT></UL><BR>
I will try to post some supplemental materials on the dB weighting scales next week. In the mean time, if anyone has conducted additional research on this topic, please post your findings to our discussion list. Once you've joined the list, you can post a message by sending an email to mw-@topica.com<BR>
<BR>
By the way, a few  people have yet to join the discussion list. If you have tried to join but ran into technical difficulties, please let me know. <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
   <BR>
<BR>
-Daniel<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Daniel Alberts<BR>
Project Leader<BR>
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project<BR>
www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/delphi_wind.asp<BR>
http://lists.topica.com/lists/mwwg <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
P.S. We've scheduled the Delphi Inquiry on the Environmental and Wildlife Impacts of Wind Turbines for Feb 14 at 8:30 am.<BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3189536633_13788791_MIME_Part--