Welcome Guest!
 Previous Message All Messages Next Message 
Soil Erosion  Daniel J. Alberts
 Feb 01, 2005 11:40 PST 


As I mentioned during the WWG meeting, Act 451, Part 91 requires that
developers submit a Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control plan, and acquire
a Soil Erosion Permit whenever construction disturbs more than 1 acre of
land or if construction is within 500 ft of a lake.

The State of VT has a similar law and their Wind turbine siting guidelines
reiterates their requirement. I think we should include a reference to Act
451 in Michigan's Wind Turbine Siting Guidelines.

Other parts of Act 451 that could apply to wind turbine development include:

Part 301, Inland Lakes and Streams permits (required if road construction
disturbs streams or river beds)

Part 303 Wetlands Permit
Part 31 Water Resources Protection - describes storm water permits
Part 23 Shore land Protection and Management - specifies high risk areas
that must be avoided
Part 353 Dunes Protection

There is more information at

and the contact person is: Dick Mikula 517-335-3178.

 Previous Message All Messages Next Message 
  Check It Out!

  Topica Channels
 Best of Topica
 Art & Design
 Books, Movies & TV
 Food & Drink
 Health & Fitness
 News & Information
 Personal Finance
 Personal Technology
 Small Business
 Travel & Leisure
 Women & Family

  Start Your Own List!
Email lists are great for debating issues or publishing your views.
Start a List Today!

© 2001 Topica Inc. TFMB
Concerned about privacy? Topica is TrustE certified.
See our Privacy Policy.