Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
FW: sound standards for wind turbines  Daniel J. Alberts
 Feb 10, 2005 07:46 PST

Everyone,

As some of you know, I also belong to a discussion group for Environmental
Safety and Health Communication. I asked them to help me better explain the
sound weighting scales. As it turns out, another member of that list is a
former Vestas employee who still has some connections in this industry.

Below is their response. They also recommend the Oregon noise regulations

http://www.energy.state.or.us/renew/Wind/Noise/OAR340-035-0035.pdf

This file looks like an excerpt from a longer document (it refers to tables
that are missing) but it gives examples of noise regulation for wind
turbines based on L10, L50. This regulation also includes separate
requirements for low frequency noise and impulse noise.

I think it is worth reading and discussing.

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Project Leader
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project