Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
Re: FW: sound standards for wind turbines  kurtguter
 Feb 10, 2005 08:51 PST

Hi Dan,
You may want to investigat this a little more. This looks like an
industrial noise standard that applies to industrial and commercial sites.
Wind turbines are generally in agricultural sites and this may not be
applicable. Maybe by finding the base document and reviewing it, you could
see if it applies.
Thanks
kurt
----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Alberts" <galactic-@nethere.com>
To: "Michigan Wind Working Group" <mw-@topica.com>; <hsgo-@mtu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:45 AM
Subject: [Delphi] FW: sound standards for wind turbines

 Everyone,

As some of you know, I also belong to a discussion group for Environmental
Safety and Health Communication. I asked them to help me better explain
the
 sound weighting scales. As it turns out, another member of that list is a
former Vestas employee who still has some connections in this industry.

Below is their response. They also recommend the Oregon noise regulations

http://www.energy.state.or.us/renew/Wind/Noise/OAR340-035-0035.pdf

This file looks like an excerpt from a longer document (it refers to
tables
 that are missing) but it gives examples of noise regulation for wind
turbines based on L10, L50. This regulation also includes separate
requirements for low frequency noise and impulse noise.

I think it is worth reading and discussing.

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Project Leader
Lawrence Tech's Wind Delphi Project