Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
question about wind turbine tower design  Daniel J. Alberts
 Mar 29, 2005 22:05 PST

Hey folks,

I have been reviewing the responses to the Wildlife first survey and the
participants brought up several interesting questions which I will include
in the next round.

Naturally, one of the questions asked was, "Should we prohibit lattice
towers?" But before I add this question to the second round, I want to
verify something I think I heard in the Wind Working Group.

Is it true that lattice towers can NOT support the weight of 1.5 MW or
larger turbines?

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Lawrence Tech's Wind Energy Delphi