Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
Re: wildlife survey  Daniel J. Alberts
 May 23, 2005 20:18 PDT

 From: Nancy Ferguson <ferg-@charemisd.org>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:58:17 -0400
To: dja1-@nethere.com
Subject: wildlife survey

Dan,

I have checked with a few bird experts from this area. The feeling
seems to be that five (5) miles would be a minimum from a bird
sanctuary, but that ten (10) miles would probably be better.
Considerations for raptors especially were season, time of day,
migration periods.

For bats, I have been reminded of how important they are to the
ecology. They eat insect pests and help to pollinate many types of
trees and plants. They are slow to reproduce which makes them very
susceptible to becoming endangered.

Ducks Unlimited did a study of endangered prairie chickens. I read
it some time ago, but I believe they concluded that they would no
longer nest within at least one (1) mile of WTG's.

It is definitely a concern.

Thanks for all of your work. See you Thursday.

Nancy