Welcome Guest!
 LTUDelphi
Re: Bird travels tracked by fluorescent droppings  Jim Mantey (mon' tye)
 Aug 22, 2005 14:21 PDT
I say we radiate the mosquitos before the bats eat them!   Instant
"glow-in-the-dark" bats!

At 12:40 AM 7/4/2005, Joan Kalso wrote:
 That's one idea that maybe could be perfected somehow for some birds. It
be a monumental task. This was on a very small scale. It appears they
were tracking bluebirds as they moved from one small clearing to another
to feed on Myrtle seeds. Birds tended to follow straight lines. I think
this was more of an effort to see whether they could restore habitat by
clearing some pines, not the entire woods.

If they only could track bats!

Joan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Alberts"
<galactic-@nethere.com>
To: <pcyp-@gatecom.com>; <OBCB-@aol.com>; "Michigan Wind Working
Group" <mw-@topica.com>; <hsgo-@mtu.edu>; <alin-@nmu.edu>;
<e-@naturesecho.com>; <elimy-@hotmail.com>; <obcb-@aol.com>;
<sdeg-@nmu.edu>; <spar-@voyager.net>; <wisco-@yahoo.com>;
<thes-@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:38 PM
Subject: [Delphi] Bird travels tracked by fluorescent droppings

Everyone,

We talked about how difficult it is to track migratory paths. Here is an
article about a new technique for tracking migratory paths.

http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050627/full/050627-12.html

Something to keep in mind if anyone ever commissions a study to map out the
migratory paths in Michigan.

-Daniel

Daniel Alberts
Lawrence Tech's Wind Energy Delphi
www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/delphi_wind.asp
dja1-@nethere.com

James Mantey
Huron MSU Extension
Field Crops Agent
(989) 269-9949 office
(989) 553-3355 cell
99 Soper Road
Suite B
Bad Axe, MI 48413
man-@msu.edu

Despite the rising cost of living,
have you noticed how it remains so popular?