Welcome Guest!
 PPTRgr
RE: Retirement award (UNCLASSIFIED)  Moore, Kevin S CIV USA MEDCOM AMEDDCS
 Jun 30, 2010 05:26 PDT

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

SGT Partridge,

For a MSM, whether for retirement or otherwise, the achievement blocks
should be as with any other award. Based on your unit guidance you
can either use bullets or narrative. Just make sure the data is
quantitative. For the citation, normally it can only be six lines for a
MSM but for retirement, they normally will change that standard. The
narrative below is a simple one but take the structure and use it for
your previous 10 years of service. Once you have it complete, I would be
happy to take a look at it and offer some suggestions. This was a big
part of my job for the past 7 years (prior to my retirement). Just let
me know.

For exceptionally meritorious service while assigned as a Counter Rocket
Artillery Mortar Sense and Warn Team Leader from 10 August 2007 through
2 Jan 2008. As a member of the Multinational Division Center South Sense
and Warn section at Camp Bravo, Ad Diwaniyah, Iraq, SGT Rock played a
vital role in the success of the mission. When an IDF attack disabled
the main generators powering the Tactical Operations Center and the
Sense and Warn system Lightweight Counter Mortar Radars, SGT Rock took
immediate action. With no radar coverage and still under Red conditions,
SGT Rock moved to the Special Forces compound and completely assembled
and activated their Counter Mortar Radar. This provided Camp Bravo with
temporary Radar coverage for 12 hours until the main generators were
repaired. SGT Rock's dedication and devotion to duty is in keeping with
the finest traditions of the Army and reflects great credit upon
himself, the Strike First Battallion, and the United States Army.

Mr Kevin Moore
Operations
210-221-0837
kevin.-@amedd.army.mil