Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
Cluster & Eno  Earcandy Archive
 Mar 28, 2005 23:48 PST

Thanks for your story, Malcolm...a lot of fun to read. A real pity that yr
tape deck wasn't able to record the dinner interview for posterity. I saw
an interview with Achim last year that shows him to be filled with wisdom &
inner peace. The interview was mostly his remembrances about Conny Plank
(it was supposed to be for a web page tribute for Conny; a project that
never got off the ground, sadly).

Roedelius is also very approachable by email, via his web site ...(even when
not being fed : )
I'm just relating what the person who contacted Roedelius told him. He did
say that Cluster & Eno never performed live. I would be as thrilled as any
Eno fan if the Cluster/Eno live boot was real. I'm sure Achim would be glad
to reply about this, if contacted.
In regard "Tracks & Traces", my remembrance of info stated in reviews is
that the song featuring Eno uses a studio jam excerpt.

I think many people became familiar with Cluster via Eno in the first place
(outside of Germany) ....but its well worth following his career since
then up until today. There are many of his solo albums that I would choose
over the 2 with Eno.   Roedelius has worked in so many genres over the
years; quite telling that Stephen Lliffe, author of "Painting With Sound:
the Life & Music Of Hans-Joachim Roedelius", refers to his music as
"Roedeliusmusik:.....as, by now, he has created his own genre.

Steve