Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
My brother met ENO in New York  Bernd Kretzschmar
 Mar 29, 2005 02:34 PST

Hi my fellow Nervenetters,

my elder brother Hubert lives in New York for a very long time. He is a
graphic designer and did record covers for the R. Stones, Kraftwerk (he is a
good friend of the band), Iggy Pop and others.

Not long ago we talked and he starts to tell me that him and a friend did
visit Brian Eno in his New York apartment several times. He said something
like: Every time Eno went out of his apartment we used to play with his
synths and tape loop machines. He also told me that ENO had a suitcase full
of incenses, with which he did experiment a lot.

My brother and Eno did a photo session where my brother made many portrait
shots of Eno. I asked my brother to show me the slides but he has most of
his working material in a big storage room and has to find and sort them out
first. Since I remind him every time we talk, he will sooner or later have
to find them (I can be a pain in the ass if I want something).

Eno and David Byrne visited my brother's NY flat a few times and my brother
experimented a lot with video cameras at that time so him and Eno talked a
lot about that. (This must be around the time when MLITBOG was recorded).

It's quite funny (as you can probably imagine) talking to your brother and
suddenly he mentions all that.

Best regards, Bernd

--
Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl