Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
Re: more music for films recall  jb
 Apr 19, 2005 14:23 PDT

i wonder how many "first-time purchasers" there were. these defective
CDs we are talking about are recent re-issues right? not the long-ago
original CD pressings. i recall hearing a radio interview with Eno in
the late '80s where he said none of his records had sold more than
10,000 copies. it would be interesting if some of the re-issues sold
more than the original records, though i guess not totally unexpected
as Eno has gotten so much press in the years between for other
projects, as well the general increase in population...

-jeff

On Apr 19, 2005, at 4:10 PM, C. A. Polk wrote:

 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
          Nervenet digest
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Michael Flaherty wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:00:25 -0700 (PDT)
   Andrew Bishop <preraphael-@yahoo.com> wrote:
 What's this about Another Green World defects?

One track on the original pressing started late. These
were immediately pulled (unlike the films discs) and soon
replaced with good copies.

The track itself didn't start late - there was a bar mysteriously
missing, and the first "Rosalie..." from Everything Merges With The
Night wasn't there. The interesting thing is that it was all seamless
and in time - so I'd be willing to bet there were/are plenty of
first-time purchasers of it who don't even realize it's wrong. (And I'd
be willing to bet the folks at Astralwerks were/are hoping that,
too...)

-----

j-@modaldub.net
http://www.modaldub.net