Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
Dunwich Beach  Ian Martin Wright
 Sep 25, 2005 13:54 PDT

I was in Ipswich and Woodbridge last week and was told of the folk tale
based on truth I might add, where the great storm of 1278 when 6 churches
within one square mile were taken by the sea. The rumour has it on a stormy
night you can hear the church bells chiming under water.

I suddenly realized 'On Land' with tracks Dunwich Beach, and Lantern Marsh
always evoked images of the sea with bell chimes to me when I first bought
it 23 years ago.

http://www.aboutnorfolksuffolk.co.uk/119dunwich.htm