Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
Re: MLITBOG Remastered  Rod LeCloux
 Jan 26, 2007 13:38 PST

It still sounds odd to me. If it was intentionally done that way it's
missing the beat and is a poor transition. I still think it's hosed up the
way they created the "new" transition to the singer at :55.

My copy is the US edition. Not sure if that matters.

Anyways, I re-edited in Cool Edit and like my version better.

Since, there hasn't been much discussion about maybe most prefer it this
way.

Rod

 From: jb <j-@modaldub.net>
To: nerv-@topica.com
Subject: Re: MLITBOG Remastered
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:01:26 -0200

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                         Nervenet digest
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
on my copy at least there's nothing wrong at that spot, it sounds great.
the drum/bass bit going on there and for that last few measures does
change as it exits that intro section and starts the next, with a longer
bass part just before there for a few seconds, and right on 55 there is
what sounds like one of those wooden fish with the ridges being scraped
just before the female vocal part starts. but the beat is right on all the
way through.

-jb

On Jan 25, 2007, at 8:19 PM, androme-@hotmail.com wrote:

 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                          Nervenet digest
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The below quote is from a reviewer on Amazon.

"Track 3, "Regiment," for instance has an extended intro, which I love.
HOWEVER, at 55 seconds into that song there is a skip, some kind of
glitch that jumps the beat. As a drummer, I noticed this immediately and
it really bugs me. Does anyone else out there notice this? Or did I
somehow get a defective cd? Check it out! Listen carefully to the beat
and you'll hear what I'm talking about (unless I happen to have a
defective disc somehow)."

I also noticed the wierd skip at :55 on Regiment. Has anyone heard an
official response regarding this? Was there a re-issue? I wonder if it
got botched due to trying to extend the intro?

Anyways, after hearing the original version so many times I noticed the
weird skip right away and thought that my CD player messed up.

Has there been any discussion about this?

Thanks,

Rod

Awards®   http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2