Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
RE: Luminous at Selfridges  David Evans
 Jan 29, 2007 00:02 PST

Adir Ghadna wrote:

Anyone been or going to the 77 million paintings at Selfridges in
London?
Addy

I went yesterday. There's a big dark room with sofas, and 30 screens
showing thw 77MP piece.    The screens are arranged in three or four
groups, with some showing the same image so the patterns repeat. The
screens look quite small if you're sitting near the back. A bit like
the 'Quiet Club' installation at the Hayward Gallery a few years ago.
The usual kind of music - don't know if it's the audio from 77MP

I found it very relaxing to sit there for half an hour, though there's
some noise from the shop. It was almost empty when I was there (530 on
Sunday PM). Some of the users were using the installation as an
opportunity for kissing . I'll try and get there again before it
finishes.