Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
new Eno piece golden  mijmu-@aol.com
 Jan 29, 2007 11:06 PST

at the 3rd Annual tape music festival that ran for 3 nights here in San Francisco

I was one of the 187 lucky people who got to hear the world premier of "Golden"
on Saturday night the 27th....

as far as i know it sold out..and the house held 187 people
(but i get the feeling they let more people in judging by the number of people i saw sitting on the floor)

the program lasted for 2 hours (with a 10 minute intermission)......

the New Brian Eno piece (Golden) was left til Last.... to close the show.
as an added bonus a new file of "Golden" was uploaded before the show making the
Eno piece run for around 15 minutes (not 6 as mentioned in the program)

we all sat in the dark and the lights were dimmed on briefly between pieces.

it was awesome to hear the music played around the room with the multi speaker system they had set up.

musically I would compare Eno's Piece it to higher pitched "Neroli" that moved just a bit quicker.
(i don't think a single note was below a middle C)......I had mental pictures of flakes falling into water and quickly melting away.

currently i'm at work but would be happy to type in the "short" program notes later.

- jim schafer-