Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
Echoes Celebrates Jon Hassell's 70th B'Day  John Diliberto
 Apr 10, 2007 17:10 PDT
We've just posted the audio of our 70th Birthday tribute to Jon
Hassell on our myspace site @ www.myspace.com/echoesspace

JON HASSELL: A 70th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
An unsung hero of techno-tribal music enters his 8th decade still blowing
Trumpeter Jon Hassell's music roots go back to Karlheinz Stockhausen,
Lamonte Young's Theatre of Eternal Music and playing on the first
recording of Terry Riley's In C. He created the sound of
Techno-Tribal music that was brought to popularity in collaborations
with Brian Eno, and his distinctive trumpet sound has been adopted by
musicians like Mark Isham. We look back on a musician who is still
pushing the sonic envelope as he celebrated his 70th birthday on
March 22 featuring interviews with Hassell, Brian Eno, Steve Roach,
Robert Rich and Jeff Rona.
Hear it on www.myspace.com/echoesspace
Read the Echoes Blog-Hear Echoes 24/7-Sign up for Echoes Interview
Podcast, Join us at www.myspace.com/echoesspace
http://www.echoes.org
John Diliberto
Producer/Host