Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
News on Coldplay/Eno  chand-@aol.com
 Apr 17, 2008 06:15 PDT

Coldplay has completed its fourth studio album, Viva La Vida or Dead and All His Friends. Due out on June 17 through Capitol, it features the co-production of Brian Eno and Markus Dravs—true sound architects that helped the band push its sound further than it's even been before. "We're still obsessed with making songs that can be sung to the rafters," frontman Chris Martin told Billboard.com. "We just wanted to present them differently."

Among the record's reported left-field touches are the apreiggiated synths of the instrumental opener "Life in Technicolor," the shoegazer section of "Yes," and the deconstructed verses of "42." According to drummer Will Champion, "Brian has this amazing ability to demystify wonderful music and make it seem very achievable. We weren't afraid to try anything."

Apparently, the Eno/Dravs sessions went so well, Coldplay ended up with a slew of unused songs, including "Postcards From Far Away," "Lukas," "Rainy Day," "The Goldrush" and "Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground." It's unknown which of them, if any, will be released in B-side form over the upcoming year.

Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends:

1. Life in Technicolor

2. Cemeteries of London

3. Lost!

4. 42