Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
Re: eno instrument question  Alex & Andrea
 May 31, 2008 02:17 PDT

 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                   Nervenet digest
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Howdy

I recently got my hands on a double dvd of roxy Music.

No Id known Eno used a VCS 3 in Roxy for ever - I have one too!! - but
as I watched the live sets from the early days there are these songs ...

On nthe 3rd April 73 they played the OGWT and played Do The Strand and
In Every Dream Home a Heartache and Eno is playing something else. It
looks like EMS Gear
but looks like more than a VCS 3 with added on modules.

Does anyone know what gear he is using in these performances?

any clues much appreciated

ab

Dear Alan,

I don't know what Eno was playing on OGWT, I saw one of there first gigs at
the Mecca ballroom in Bristol in 1972, supporting Hawkwind who they needless
to say, blew off the stage, and then Eno had a lash-up of home-made effects
boxes and a 2-octave keyboard, which explains why the synth hook in
'Virginia Plain' is in C - the only key that allowed 3 octave notes.

All the best,

Alex Watson