Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
Opera House performance 1/2/3  phil.mc-@gmail.com
 Jun 15, 2009 20:02 PDT

I went to all three performances....as of course you would! How often
does Eno perform live? This was clearly a once in a life time moment.
This was THE best gig I have been to. It was everything I hoped it
might be and a whole lot more! The band were stunning. They played
largely improvised yet within a loose structure. This was music to die
for.....ranging from "pink noise" to the most beautiful and subtle
piano, through to downright funk. The entire performance melded so
perfectly from one moment to the next. How on earth do they do this??
They are, as Eno commented during the gig, all so brilliant. I might
add that so is he!
Here I am back in Melbourne wanting to hear it all again, yet the point
was it was generated then....held for that time, a coming together of
different ideas and having it work so perfectly for that night. Having
said that........check out the stuff already on youtube, particuarly the
ones labelled "1 of 4" etc....
I have now been to the best performance I am ever going to experience.
I loved every moment of it......4 1/2 hours slipped by so quickly.
They had a lounge suite set up on stage that all band members made use
of throughout the performance and differing times, allowing others to
continue the groove they were in. They all also sat about chatting
amongst themselves during intervals. I came back in for each new show,
and there they were.......lounging about, relaxed and chatting away.
Sadly, I couldnt be in Sydney for the whole Luminous festival. There
were several bands/artists I would love to have seen perform. It seems
the whole festival was outstanding. I got to experience "77 million
paintings" as well! Loved it....such a dreamy experience.
I am deliriously content having been able to fly up to Sydney for the
"Pure Scenius" performances. The most wonderful musical experience in my
life!!!