Welcome Guest!
 Nervenet
RE: the lovely bones  Estelle Asmodelle
 Mar 25, 2012 22:35 PST

The lovely Bones soundtrack kind of spoilt some Eno tracks for me...

The movie was well made but depressing and morose - I found it adding a
darker feeling to tracks I'd loved and listened to for years, then this
movie came along... I would say if you are a fan of Eno and you want to see
the movie be prepared to hear the tracks differently afterwards...

I just hope enough time has passed now and those dark feelings are no longer
associated with that film.

Warmest Regards
Estelle

ESTELLE ASMODELLE - ONLINE PORTFOLIO
http://www.asmodelle.com/
Dare to Dream...
-----Original Message-----
From: jb [mailto:j-@modaldub.com]
Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 4:21 PM
To: nerv-@topica.com
Subject: [NERVENET] the lovely bones

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                  Nervenet digest
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
has there been any discussion of the Lovely Bones soundtrack? i'm sorry if i
missed it and am reposting.

i just saw the film and was struck by how full it is with Eno music.
everything from the cocteau twins early 4ad "song to the siren", which is
arguably eno-influenced along with all 4ad stuff, to tracks from music for
airports and some great early Eno solo rock'n'roll numbers like The Great
Pretender. songs like Alice from the 96 violane single, secret place from
1983's Apollo.. some songs are in two versions, like "song to the siren" and
"i hear you knockin'" whilst others are credited twice like "the secret
place".

maybe the director peter jackson is a big eno fan?

well i do think it gives a consistency to the aural world of the movie to
have all these similar musics.

j-@modaldub.com
"the most faithful recording is the one never made"