Welcome Guest!
 NJ Randonneurs
400K Route  Diane Goodwin
 Apr 16, 2003 17:19 PDT
It's going to be flat - Darlene Kapitan says "boring" in the Pinelands -
she should know, coming from Monmouth County.

Here's the idea of the route - ride 75 miles south to Centerton to
Control #2 (Joe Keenan and maybe, Susan Plonsky) and then there's a 50
mile loop heading west and back to Control #2 which is actually Control
#3 now and then another 50 miler heading east and back to the same
Control #3 but now Control #5. The last leg is 75 miles north back to
Princeton - Doral Forrestal.

When you get to Doral ... we'll greet you in a "beautiful covered area"
unlike the previous brevets.

We're working on better controls ... playing with Doral Forrestal as the
permanent start/finish area. They've been friendly and accommodating so
far.

I know the 300K was tough but the 400K will be easier as far as
elevation ... but you still have time in the saddle and possible
headwinds.

diane