Welcome Guest!
 NJ Randonneurs
RE: tough tires  Lulu Weschler
 Oct 23, 2006 07:34 PDT

Yes I like those too. Not as flat-prone as the Contis with 'gummy-grey,' (I
can't think of their proper name) but handle just fine. (Am I nuts, or do
the gummy-gray expensive ones have a slightly softer ride tahn the
4-seasons?)
--Lulu Weschler

-----Original Message-----
From: Bravo Richard [mailto:rbra-@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 4:13 PM
To: njrando-@topica.com
Subject: RE: tough tires

I only ride Continental 4-seasons. They're the best
tires out there.
Rich

--- Lulu Weschler <wesc-@optonline.net> wrote:

 Agreed, as long as they handle well, and are not
'boxy' such that you feel
you have no traction on curves.
I am riding on as close to bullet-proof tires as
possible here in Denmark,
as the pavement is wet all the time this time of
year (and my bike has a
'foot-brake,' so I'd have to patch the tube with the
wheel still on the
bike) but I don't have to concern myself with
cornering here. I once used
an inexpensive set of tires in NJ and found myself
scared all the time at
how poorly they seemed to grip on even the mildest
cornering.
I hope others will offer thoughts on this, as I do
not know the answer.
Take care all,
--Lulu Weschler