Welcome Guest!
 NJ Randonneurs
Re: knee pain  Judson Hand
 Nov 06, 2006 18:25 PST

Paul,

I second Tom's comment. If my saddle is too low even by 1/8 of an inch, the
front of my knees will start to ache after a ride. Sometimes I've taken a
bike out after a repair at a local bike shop and failed to notice to
adjustment, but my knees do.

I raise the saddle high enough so that my knee almost (but not quite) locks
at the lowest point of the pedalling circle. The other reason I get front
knee pain sometimes is from trying to grind too much at a very low cadence
in gears that are way too high.

Knee pain, like back pain, is something that I've experienced many times
before and always have to careful about.

Jud

On 11/6/06, Tom Rosenbauer <trosen-@rcn.com> wrote:

Paul,

In general, a pain in the front of the knee might indicate that your seat
is
too low.

I recommend Andy Pruitt's Medical Guide for Cyclists available at:

http://www.roadbikerider.com/bookstore.htm#Andy_Pruitts_Medical_Guide_for_Cyclists_0
... to diagnose this further and help you with any bike fit issues.

Good luck and BTW, I've been there also with knee pain.

Regads,

-Tom Rosenbauer
Eastern PA RBA