Welcome Guest!
 NJ Randonneurs
travel agent 2007  Leroy Varga
 Nov 23, 2006 08:58 PST

Claus Claussen's Des Peres Travel agency in St. Louis has worked on PBP's in the past and does a first rate job on arrangements for travel, shuttles to and from hotels, and also provides for safe keeping of a supply "stash" bag at two part way "sleep controls", Loudeac and Tintiniac. Riders, who have their support, or those who don't want to chance findiing the sleep quarters, "full", can also make hotel reservations close to the control stop. Claus provides trucks and busses to meet riders at the airport and takes you and your bike to your chosen hotel. Riders, before the ride begins, give Claus their stash bag of clothes, energy stuff, batteries,and etc., and upon arrival at the chosen controls, your bag is easily picked up. Some riders put mylar wraps or a sleeping bag in the "stash" rather than spend time away from the control, if beds are not available at your time to sleep. Loudeac is a convenient stop, for the first two nights, for 90 hour riders. I did not pay to ship a bike in 2003 on my Air France flight.