Welcome Guest!
 NJ Randonneurs
selle an-atomica  WALTER PETTIGREW
 Dec 12, 2006 09:02 PST

paul k        yes, i have a selle an-atomica. it's actually a brooks b-17
with a large cut out area. i don't notice much of a difference in the ride
between my b-17 and the selle an-atomica. if i had to choose between the
two i would take the b-17. i think it may hold it's shape longer. i've
unfortunately gotten both of them soaking wet and when the leather finally
dried i had to retension them a bit to get them back to comfortable. the
b-17 seemed to come back from the stretching and shrinking as a result of
the soaking a bit faster than the selle. i now keep a plastic bag with me
when it looks like rain so i can cover the leather saddles. it took about
1000 miles to originally break in my b-17(slightly less for the selle). i
prefer both of them to the many synthetic type modern saddles i've tried. i
agree with tom r's comment that saddles are exceedingly personal and one
that works great for me may not work at all for anyone else.   good luck.
i'm still looking for the perfect saddle.            walt pettigrew