Welcome Guest!
 NJ Randonneurs
Re: selle an-atomica saddle  Biker Willie
 Dec 12, 2006 17:41 PST

...yes, but with a Brooks B.17, If I'm not comfortable it HAS to be MY rear that is the problem as EVERYONE knows that the Brooks B.17 is the quintessential randonneuring saddle - as is the lugged steel frame - preferable a "classic" French or English frame but a Rivendell (including their new Homer J. Simpson model).

Part of my preparation for every 1200K is to install a new Brooks B.17 - a great way to break in a saddle.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
 From: Tom Rosenbauer <trosen-@rcn.com>
Sent: Dec 11, 2006 8:39 PM
To: pskr-@yahoo.com
Cc: njrando-@topica.com
Subject: Re: selle an-atomica saddle

Paul,

Even if 9 out 10 riders endorse the saddle you mentioned, it probably
doesn't mean very much since everybody is different.

Somewhere, there is the ideal saddle/short combinatioin that will fit *you*
exactly ... good luck on your quest. Try this link for some tips:
http://www.roadbikerider.com/articles.htm#How%20to%20Find%20a%20Safe%20Saddle

Regards,

-Tom Rosenbauer
Eastern PA RBA