Welcome Guest!
 pakadevafreebees
[Pakadevas~Sunday Inspirationals]  Patsy Rideout
 Jan 20, 2008 21:58 PST

((Welcome everyone)) to our Sunday Inspirationals.
Most of these were sent in by some of you TO the rest of you:)
If you have something to add, or a request...send it along, we print
them all, within reason...this *news-letter is for you!
Thank you all...Patsy xoxoxo

This is the place. We have a *interesting finds, *contests, beauty,
crafts & recipes *news* Mon.- Sat. & have added this Inspirational one
for Sundays only...For our NEW PEOPLE; you have arrived at Pakadevas
from our *site, or others we advertise with, *news-, -search -engines
etc.

Enjoy your stay:)
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com

Daily-news
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com/news.html

*Leaving us *instructions are at the bottom of any ...news...

Please go see your Prayer Requests for today:
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com/PrayerRequests.html

~To see Pakadevas Archives:
http://www.archives.ezinester.com/97178

What?!! Not a member of PakadevasFreebees yet? Join Here:)
http://www.ezinester.com/mpb/ml_fs.cgi?topic=97178

Beautiful notes from you:)

I am but a vessel and the pot has no value without those who put
something precious into it. Thank you for instilling in me through your
emails, enlightenment.

Thank you DoniBee:)
*
*

Please ~Vote...we (you & me) can be #1:)
http://www.top50.to/inclick.php?ID=20600

(\o/)
"Our task is to become our best selves. One of God's greatest gifts to
us is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final."
-Thomas S. Monson
(\o/)

(\o/)
Attitude

There once was a woman who woke up one morning,
looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.
Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today?"
So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up,
looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
"H-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today?"
So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up,
looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail."
So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up,
looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her
head.
"YEA!" she exclaimed,
"I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything.

Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply,

Love generously,

Care deeply,

Speak kindly.......

Author unknown

Thank you Renie:)
(\o/)

(\o/)
"The gospel of Jesus Christ transcends mortality. Our work here is but a
shadow of greater and unimaginable things to come."
-Joseph B. Wirthlin
(\o/)

(\o/)
Pennies From Heaven

I found a penny today
Laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny,
This little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven,
that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss them down.
Oh, how I loved that story.

He said when an Angel misses you,
They toss a penny down;
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
To make a smile out of your frown.

So, don't pass by that penny
When you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven
That an Angel's tossed to you.

Thank you Cindy D:)
(\o/)

(\o/)
"Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father.
Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know
what is best—better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that
our timetable is better than His. We can grow in faith only if we are
willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in
our lives, on His timetable."
-Neal A. Maxwell
(\o/)

(\o/)
To all of you from me:)

No Left Turns!

This is a wonderful piece by Michael Gartner, editor of newspapers large
and small and president of NBC News. In 1997, he won the Pulitzer Prize
for editorial writing. A few good chuckles are guaranteed.
-------------------------------

My father never drove a car. Well, that's not quite right. I should say
I never saw him drive a car.

He quit driving in 1927, when he was 25 years old, and the last car he
drove was a 1926 Whippet.

'In those days,' he told me when he was in his 90s, 'to drive a car you
had to do things with your hands, and do things with your feet, and look
every which way, and I decided you could walk through life and enjoy it
or drive through life and miss it.'

At which point my mother, a sometimes salty Irishwoman, chimed in:
'Oh, bull----!' she said. 'He hit a horse.'

'Well,' my father said, 'there was that, too.'

So my brother and I grew up in a household without a car. The neighbors
all had cars -- the Kollingses next door had a green 1941 Dodge, the
VanLaninghams across the street a gray 1936 Plymouth, the Hopsons two
doors down a black 1941 Ford -- but we had none.

My father, a newspaperman in Des Moines, would take the streetcar to
work and, often as not, walk the 3 miles home. If he took the streetcar
home, my mother and brother and I would walk the three blocks to the
streetcar stop, meet him and walk home together.

My brother, David, was born in 1935, and I was born in 1938, and
sometimes, at dinner, we'd ask how come all the neighbors had cars but
we had none. 'No one in the family drives,' my mother would explain, and
that was that.

But, sometimes, my father would say, 'But as soon as one of you boys
turns 16, we'll get one.' It was as if he wasn't sure which one of us
would turn 16 first.

But, sure enough , my brother turned 16 before I did, so in 1951 my
parents bought a used 1950 Chevrolet from a friend who ran the parts
department at a Chevy dealership downtown.

It was a four-door, white model, stick shift, fender skirts, loaded with
everything, and, since my parents didn't drive, it more or less became
my brother's car.

Having a car but not being able to drive didn't bother my father, but it
didn't make sense to my mother.

So in 1952, when she was 43 years old, she asked a friend to teach her
to drive. She learned in a nearby cemetery, the place where I learned to
drive the following year and where, a generation later, I took my two
sons to practice driving. The cemetery probably was my father's idea.
'Who can your mother hurt in the cemetery?' I remember him saying more
than once.

For the next 45 years or so, until she was 90, my mother was the driver
in the family. Neither she nor my father had any sense of direction, but
he loaded up on maps -- though they seldom left the city limits -- and
appointed himself navigator. It seemed to work.

Still, they both continued to walk a lot. My mother was a devout
Catholic, and my father an equally devout agnostic, an arrangement that
didn't seem to bother either of them through their 75 years of marriage.

(Yes, 75 years, and they were deeply in love the entire time.)

He retired when he was 70, and nearly every morning for the next 20
years or so, he would walk with her the mile to St. Augustin's Church.
She would walk down and sit in the front pew, and he would wait in the
back until he saw which of the parish's two priests was on duty that
morning. If it was the pastor, my father then would go out and take a
2-mile walk, meeting my mother at the end of the service and walking her
home.

If it was the assistant pastor, he'd take just a 1-mile walk and then
head back to the church. He called the priests 'Father Fast' and 'Father
Slow.'

After he retired, my father almost always accompanied my mother whenever
she drove anywhere, even if he had no reason to go along. If she were
going to the beauty parlor, he'd sit in the car and read, or go take a
stroll or, if it was summer, have her keep the engine running so he
could listen to the Cubs game on the radio. In the evening, then, when
I'd stop by, he'd explain: 'The Cubs lost again. The millionaire on
second base made a bad throw to the millionaire on first base, so the
multimillionaire on third base scored.'

If she were going to the grocery store, he would go along to carry the
bags out -- and to make sure she loaded up on ice cream. As I said, he
was always the navigator, and once, when he was 95 and she was 88 and
still driving, he said to me, 'Do you want to know the secret of a long
life?'

'I guess so,' I said, knowing it probably would be something bizarre.

'No left turns,' he said.

'What?' I asked.

'No left turns,' he repeated. 'Several years ago, your mother and I read
an article that said most accidents that old people are in happen when
they turn left in front of oncoming traffic.

As you get older, your eyesight worsens, and you can lose your depth
perception, it said. So your mother and I decided never again to make a
left turn.'

'What?' I said again.

'No left turns,' he said. 'Think about it. Three rights are the same as
a left, and that's a lot safer. So we always make three rights.'

'You're kidding!' I said, and I turned to my mother for support 'No,'
she said, 'your father is right. We make three rights. It works.' But
then she added: 'Except when your father loses count.'

I was driving at the time, and I almost drove off the road as I started
laughing.

'Loses count?' I asked.

'Yes,' my father admitted, 'that sometimes happens. But it's not a
problem. You just make seven rights, and you're okay again'

I couldn't resist. 'Do you ever go for 11?' I asked.

'No,' he said ' If we miss it at seven, we just come home and call it a
bad day. Besides, nothing in life is so important it can't be put off
another day or another week.'

My mother was never in an accident, but one evening she handed me her
car keys and said she had decided to quit driving. That was in 1999,
when she was 90.

She lived four more years, until 2003. My father died the next year, at
102.

They both died in the bungalow they had moved into in 1937 and bought a
few years later for $3,000. (Sixty years later, my brother and I paid
$8,000 to have a shower put in the tiny bathroom -- the house had never
had one. My father would have died then and there if he knew the shower
cost nearly three times what he paid for the house.)

He continued to walk daily -- he had me get him a treadmill when he was
101 because he was afraid he'd fall on the icy sidewalks but wanted to
keep exercising -- and he was of sound mind and sound body until the
moment he died.

One September afternoon in 2004, he and my son went with me when I had
to give a talk in a neighboring town, and it was clear to all three of
us that he was wearing out, though we had the usual wide-ranging
conversation about politics and newspapers and things in the news.

A few weeks earlier, he had told my son, 'You know, Mike, the first
hundred years are a lot easier than the second hundred.' At one point in
our drive that Saturday, he said, 'You know, I'm probably not going to
live much longer.'

'You're probably right,' I said.

'Why would you say that?' He countered, somewhat irritated.

'Because you're 102 years old,' I said.

'Yes,' he said, 'you're right.' He stayed in bed all the next day.

That night, I suggested to my son and daughter that we sit up with him
through the night.

He appreciated it, he said, though at one point, apparently seeing us
look gloomy, he said:

'I would like to make an announcement. No one in this room is dead yet'

An hour or so later, he spoke his last words:

'I want you to know,' he said, clearly and lucidly, 'that I am in no
pain. I am very comfortable. And I have had as happy a life as anyone on
this earth could ever have.'

A short time later, he died.

I miss him a lot, and I think about him a lot. I've wondered now and
then how it was that my family and I were so lucky that he lived so
long.

I can't figure out if it was because he walked through life, Or because
he quit taking left turns. '

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat
you right. Forget about those who don't. Believe everything happens for
a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely
be worth it.'

Let's make a point to appreciate the elderly folks in our midst. They
have loads of wisdom that we can tap into, to help us in our own lives.

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones!
Patsy quoting Rob

Love & hugs to all in 2008, from Patsy & Kay xoxoxo

Remembering Rob 1-10
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com/RememberingRob.html
RememberingRob10 (still in progress)
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com/RememberingRob10.html
(\o/)

Please take a moment & vote for Pakadevas:)
http://www.top50.to/inclick.php?ID=20600

Have a blessed day!
Patsy *S*

---Important-Disclaimer at the bottom of this page--- Please Read.
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com

This e-news-letter uses third party *ads & *links & *swaps with
other -web-sites, if you no longer wish to stay with us, please
follow to the end of this issue & -un-sub-scribe, otherwise, we take it
as your agreement to receive such articles in our news. Thank you for
your co-operation in this matter.

Our mailing address for new mailing rules under the new act. Please only
use this for friendly mail:) Thank you...Patsy *S*
Patsy Rideout
Pakadevas-Freebees
PO Box 448, Thessalon
Ontario, Canada P0R1L0
*Con`tact Patsy: rpk-@nf.aibn.com

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

( \      / )
( \()/ )
( / \ )    TAKE THIS LITTLE ANGEL
( / \/ \ )   AND KEEP HER CLOSE TO YOU
/       \    SHE IS YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL
(         )    SENT TO WATCH OVER YOU
                       ____

Thank you Jane K:)

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

We'd love to see you stay, but, should you want to go, go here: