Welcome Guest!
 pakadevafreebees
[Pakadevas~Sunday Inspirationals]  Patsy Rideout
 Feb 24, 2008 19:25 PST

((Welcome everyone)) to our Sunday Inspirationals.
Most of these were sent in by some of you TO the rest of you:)
If you have something to add, or a request...send it along, we print
them all, within reason...this *news-letter is for you!
Thank you all...Patsy xoxoxo

This is the place. We have a *interesting finds, *contests, beauty,
crafts & recipes *news* Mon.- Sat. & have added this Inspirational one
for Sundays only...For our NEW PEOPLE; you have arrived at Pakadevas
from our *site, or others we advertise with, *news-, -search -engines
etc.

Enjoy your stay:)
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com

Daily-news
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com/news.html

*Leaving us *instructions are at the bottom of any ...news...

Please go see your Prayer Requests for today:
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com/PrayerRequests.html

~To see Pakadevas Archives:
http://www.archives.ezinester.com/97178

What?!! Not a member of PakadevasFreebees yet? Join Here:)
http://www.ezinester.com/mpb/ml_fs.cgi?topic=97178

Beautiful notes from you:)

Good morning. Without discipline, there's no life at all. (Remember) He
who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.
God is Love
Rev Run
*
*

Please ~Vote...we (you & me) can be #1:)
http://www.top50.to/inclick.php?ID=20600

(\o/)
I've learned.... That the Lord didn't do it all in one day.
What makes me think I can?
(\o/)

(\o/)
Five Finger Prayer

1. Your thumb is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those
closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved
ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a 'sweet duty.'

2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach,
instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They
need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep
them in your prayers.

3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders.
Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and
administrators These people shape our nation and guide public opinion.
They need God's guidance.

4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact
that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It
should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain.
They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.

5. And lastly comes our little finger - the smallest finger of all which
is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the
Bible says, 'The least shall be the greatest among you.' Your pinkie
should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for
the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper
perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.

Thank you Karen F:)
(\o/)

(\o/)
I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds.
(\o/)

(\o/)
Mary's Heart

Mary was a quiet soul, who rarely ventured out of her small house on the
corner. She didn't have children, no husband, no family came calling.
And only once or twice in the ten years that I lived across the street
did I even see Mary get a visitor.

Many of the neighborhood kids joked that Mary, with her large brown eyes
and short kinky hair, her grand round figure and her short stature, was
a troll. Many of the grown folk neighbors gossiped about her, saying
that she wasn't "all there" or was "touched." Mary knew that she was
talked about, and acted like it never bothered her. She'd been a "big
girl" all her life and knew that people poked fun. So she cried her
tears alone, and didn't let anyone know that it broke her heart.

Seasons came and went in our town, and in our neighborhood houses were
warmed and cooled, as winter left and summer came. With every season,
Mary would decorate her yard or hang a wreath on her door. During
Valentines and Easter, and even at the fourth of July, Mary would steal
away out of her home, before anyone of her neighbors rose, and leave a
card in the mailboxes of all her neighbors, or a gift of candy or small
toys for the kids, for every holiday.

Sometimes, you could see her peering out the window, watching as the
kids opened their packages of candies or as a mother stood by her
mailbox reading a card. And she waved back, once or twice, when someone
acknowledged her from inside her sheltered world. But no one ever
approached her, I'm ashamed to say, not even me, to tell her "thank
you," or invite her over for coffee or tea. And no one ever returned a
gift to her. Many said that Mary had lived in that house, on that block,
for all her life. It had been her childhood home. She never married.
She was just a part of the community.

But one Christmas, Mary did not put a wreath on her door. And on
Christmas day, there were no goodies waiting for the kids on their
porches and no cards in the mailbox. Most of the neighborhood supposed
that Mary had finally gotten tired of giving, and just decided to quit.
No one noticed anything else about her until one day...they noticed a
man putting a "For Sale" sign up in front of Mary's house.

A small crowd converged across the street and watched as, one by one,
boxes were carried from Mary's home and placed in a large moving van
Finally, one of the neighbors spoke up and said, "Excuse me sir, but..
Where is Mary going?" "I'm sorry ma'am," he replied. "I don't know, I
just have orders to move all of this stuff out." "But you don't know
where to?" The neighbor asked. "No ma'am. But you can ask the guy that
hired us," he said, looking towards the street. "Here he comes now," and
pointed to a big, black limousine that parked on the curb.

From the car stepped a lovely woman, dressed in a nice coat and hat, and
carrying a small purse. Beside her stood a man in a business suit.
"Excuse me," the neighbor walked up and said, "But, can you tell us
where Mary is going?" "Going?" The man asked. "Yes, I see the van moving
her things out. Where is she going?" the neighbor asked.

The man and woman looked at each other, then the woman bowed her head,
and the man said, "I'm sorry, Mary isn't moving away. You see, she died
on Christmas eve. She'd been in the hospital for a few days before, but
her heart...well. .."

"OH." the neighbor said, startled. "I didn't know." He paused, then
said, "NO one did, really. I mean...it was so quiet...but. ..we didn't
know." "Yes, I understand." The man said. "So you're going to rent the
house to someone else then?" the neighbor asked, contemplating what a
new family in the neighborhood would be like. "I mean, aren't
you...weren' t you Mary's landlord?"

The man smiled a small smile, the kind that says, "I'm only tolerating
you..." then answered, "No, I'm Mary's brother. This was her house. She
owned it. Since our parents passed away almost 40 years ago." The
neighbor stood looking at the man, shocked to find that Mary had a
brother. Even more shocked to find that her brother was obviously of
means...and never helped her or came to visit. As he thought of Mary's
gifts, and cards, and her kindness towards the community, the neighbor's
heart began to feel guilty. He should have told her thank you...should
have taken the time to get to know her...should have... but...Why didn't
her brother ever come to visit?

Just as he was about to ask Mary's brother about his non existent
visits, one of the moving men approached with a box. "What do ya want
me to do with this, sir?" he asked. Her brother looked at the man. "Put
it on the van with the rest of her junk," the brother said. "But it says
on top of it that it belongs to you," the moving man replied.

"Oh?" the brother said, looking puzzled. He took the box from the man's
hands, and placed it on the trunk of the limo. He tore the tape from the
top of the box, and peered inside. The neighbor, from his distance,
could see the man's shoulders shaking, and went to his side, to comfort
him.

"Sir," he said. "I'm terribly sorry for your loss," he said. The brother
looked at him, a tear on his cheek. "For our loss, you meanp. The
neighbor looked at him, and was confused. "Well, yes.. I suppose, but
she was your sister...and I..." As he spoke, the man pulled, from the
box, a small musical carousel. It was brightly colored, with lights
around the base of the big wheel. The chimes in the box played a happy
tune when the brother turned the key.

Taped to the side of the carousel, was a note."Do you know what this
is?" the man asked the neighbor. "No sir, I'm afraid not," the neighbor
replied. "This is the very first toy that Mary ever owned. You see, Mary
was a large and unseemly person. Her appearance was an embarrassment to
her for most of her life, I suppose. She tried for many years to
change, and was so unhappy. But then, she just decided to accept
herself, as she was.

"Then, about thirty years ago, she started producing these small hand
made toys. She said she loved them because they reminded her of happy
times as a child. Times when, even though she had few friends, she
still had family that loved her...and me...to play with. She sent the
toys to my children. A few years later, she and I talked, and I
patented the toys for her...we opened a company and began to manufacture
toys. Mary visited her corporation only four times, and all four
occasions were very brief. Time and time again, I would ask her to move
in with us, or to get a bigger house.. Maybe even go for some of those
new surgeries to help her weight and facial deformities, but she
wouldn't. She said she loved her neighborhood here. Loved to hear the
kids playing and see the families living happy lives. Every year she
would have our factories send her a few big boxes of toys and candies.
I don't know what she ever did with them, but each year, like clockwork,
she would order. Mary could have lived any where in the world. Our
business..her business, is very successful. But she chose to remain
here, as God made her. She was happy."

The neighbor stood, shocked. He had never known, had no idea. His mind
was trying to take in all this information. The brother, took the
envelope that was taped to the side of the Carousel, and opened it.
"Here," he said, as he took the piece of paper and handed it to the
neighbor. "What's this?" the neighbor asked. "Just a note," the man
said. The neighbor took the note, and placed it in his pocket. "Thank
you," he said. "I'll be going back to the rest of the neighbors now.
They were very curious to know what was going on. Please accept my
sympathies." "Certainly," the brother said. "We'll meet again."

The neighbor turned and walked back across the street, where his fellow
neighbors stood waiting. Once there, he quickly relayed all that had
happened. "Where's this note?" his wife asked. He pulled the note from
his pocket, and read it, and as he read, his heart was filled with
sadness and joy, all at once. And his eyes began to fill with tears..

"Dear Friends,
For many years, I have lived here, in this small house on the corner of
our delightful street. I have watched from my window as fathers have
gone off to work in the mornings, and mothers hurried their children off
to school. I've celebrated each birthday, each new arrival, each
wedding, each loss. Thank you, for letting me be a small part of your
lives. Watching you all, has given me back the family I lost. Even my
brother, won't come to see me often, as he is such a busy man. But
being here, where I can watch and listen to the joy, the sadness, the
pain, and the laughter of your lives, has made my life so full.

Because you all have given so much to me, I want to give something back
to you. When you get this letter, please take it to Allen Hamersmyer,
Attorney at Law. I have instructed him as to what to do for you. You are
to receive the deed to my house, and all the land on the opposite side
of the corner, where the field now stands. But I have two conditions in
order for you to have this:

1. My house must never be sold, or rented for income.    It is to stay
open as a place for children to come    after school, when no one is
home. And to be used as a community house, for meetings, and such. And
a    place to welcome NEW NEIGHBORS to the block.

2. The land on the other side of the street is to be    turned into a
park. There should be swings and slides, and a swimming pool. Lots of
things for little kids, and a walking track for the "older kids". I've
told my brother that every year, each family with children here, should
be allowed to go to one of our stores, and purchase toys for their
family, with an 80% discount. And if any of you should ever find
yourself in need of a job, please call on my brother, whose name I have
included here.. You won't ever want for anything.

Thank you, for making my life so joyful.

Love, Mary

After he read the note, the neighbor passed the paper to all of his
friends, and each one read. They all cried. For, all of them had known
about the lady in the house across the street, but none of them knew
Mary, or the kindness that lived in Mary's heart.

Now, in that small house, there is an office for welcoming new neighbors
to the neighborhood. And the families on that block take turns making
sure that all of their neighbors have what they need. If someone gets
sick, another neighbor goes to help them out. If someone dies, all of
the neighborhood gets involved, and helps out the family in mourning.
The kids come there every day during the week, between the end of school
and when their parents get home, so that they are not alone. They read,
play games, and talk...getting to know each other.

And the park...the park has swings, a swimming pool, and a slide, and in
the middle of the park, stands a tall Carousel, that the people of the
neighborhood have dedicated to fun and friendship.

And they have named it -

Mary's heart

Thank you Nancy K:)
(\o/)

(\o/)
Prayer

Heavenly Father,

Help us to remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night
is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing home to
cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious
moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man
who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college
student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of
not getting his student loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the
same spot every day (who really ought to get a job!) is a slave to
addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through
the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savouring this
moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week,
this will be the last year that they go shopping together.

Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us,
the greatest fgift is love. It is not enough to share that love with
those we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to
us, but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive,
show patience, empathy and love.

Working for God on Earth doesn't pay much........
but His retirement plan is out of this world.

Thank you Tracy L:)
(\o/)

(\o/)
To all of you from me:)

"You see, when there is danger, a good leader takes the front line. But
when there is celebration, a good leader stays in the back room. If you
want the cooperation of human beings around you, make them feel that
they are important. And you do that by being humble."
-Nelson Mandela

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones!
Patsy quoting Rob

Love & hugs to all in 2008, from Patsy & Kay xoxoxo

Remembering Rob 1-10
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com/RememberingRob.html
RememberingRob10 (still in progress)
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com/RememberingRob10.html
(\o/)

Please take a moment & vote for Pakadevas:)
http://www.top50.to/inclick.php?ID=20600

Have a blessed day!
Patsy *S*

---Important-Disclaimer at the bottom of this page--- Please Read.
http://www.pakadevasfreebees.com

This e-news-letter uses third party *ads & *links & *swaps with
other -web-sites, if you no longer wish to stay with us, please
follow to the end of this issue & -un-sub-scribe, otherwise, we take it
as your agreement to receive such articles in our news. Thank you for
your co-operation in this matter.

Our mailing address for new mailing rules under the new act. Please only
use this for friendly mail:) Thank you...Patsy *S*
Patsy Rideout
Pakadevas-Freebees
PO Box 448, Thessalon
Ontario, Canada P0R1L0
*Con`tact Patsy: rpk-@nf.aibn.com

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

( \      / )
( \()/ )
( / \ )    TAKE THIS LITTLE ANGEL
( / \/ \ )   AND KEEP HER CLOSE TO YOU
/       \    SHE IS YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL
(         )    SENT TO WATCH OVER YOU
                       ____

Thank you Jane K:)

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

We'd love to see you stay, but, should you want to go, go here: