Welcome Guest!
 PilotManager
PilotManager & Linux/JDS Experiences?  Don V
 Aug 14, 2006 11:16 PDT

I've been living without Palm sync for some time now after going to work
from home status. I have a more pressing need to ensure my corporate
and Palm calendars are now sync'd so I'm looking to find success stories
with a configuration similar to my situation:

* Palm (Handspring) Treo 90, USB sync cable
* Quatech USB to serial adaptor available (if needed) w/serial sync
cable
* Sun JDS (Linux) installation on Laptop (Toshiba Tecra M2)
* Sun "standard" calendar server account (prior/CDE style, not EdgeCal)
* VPN connection

Ideally, I'd like to recreate the PilotManager environment capabilities
I had from my Sun desktop where I used the backup, calendar (SyncCM),
SyncMemo and SyncTime conduits.

I also have a second personal desktop machine (AMD64) with SuSe, Fedora
and Ubuntu Linux installations which I could use if JDS is not suitable
for some reason. Unfortunately, Solaris 10 was not a possibility for my
full HW the last time I tried an install.

Has anyone had success in configuring and using PilotManager in a
similar JDS or other Linux situation? I've searched for examples on my
own and come up empty so far.

Thanks,
Don