Welcome Guest!
 PilotManager
Re: Problem with Perl bindings in p-l-0.12.1  Aaron Kaplan
 Feb 04, 2007 14:40 PST

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:25:23 -0000
"Dobbie, Ian" <ian.d-@nuigalway.ie> wrote:

 I am having some trouble with PilotManager (which uses the perl bindings)
and pilot-link-0.12.1. ... Every time this is run it dies with an
error -301 in the checkErrNot Found call.

It sounds like you're using an old version of PilotManager that's not
compatible with pilot-link 0.12. The latest is 1.109, released in May
2006, and it's available from http://pilotmanager.sourceforge.net/ . If
you have the problem with version 1.109 then let me know.

 My main question is what is a -301 error?

If the latest version fixes the problem then you probably don't care
anymore, but here's the deal just in case. -301 is a return
code from pi_err() that means there was a DLP error, and the
application should call pi_palmos_err() to find out what kind of DLP
error. See include/pi-error.h. If memory serves, pilot-link versions
0.11.8 and earlier didn't use this indirection, they returned the DLP
error number directly from pi_err(). This is why I suspect you're
using an old version of PilotManager that was written for the
pilot-link 0.11.8 API.

Please use the PilotManager mailing list (see CC) to report any
further PilotManager bugs. That's also where new releases are
announced. I'm including your whole message below for the benefit of
the PilotManager archives.

-Aaron

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:25:23 -0000
"Dobbie, Ian" <ian.d-@nuigalway.ie> wrote:

 Hi,

I am having some trouble with PilotManager (which uses the perl bindings)
and pilot-link-0.12.1. The issue is with several similar sections of code that
generate unexplained errors. An example of one of these sections is this,

     eval
     {
         while (1)
{
    status("Refreshing Database List",
   int(100 * $count++ / $count_max)) if ($count_max);
    $rec = $dlp->getDBInfo($i,1,0) || last;
    push(@$result, $rec) if (exists $rec->{"name"} and $rec->{"name"});
    $i = $rec->{"index"}+1;
}
     };
     checkErrNotFound($dlp);

     fullStatus("Pilot Manager", "Refreshing Database List", 100);

This section is reading the database list from the palm and building a hash of it.
Every time this is run it dies with an error -301 in the checkErrNot Found call.
If I comment out this line, or edit the function so that a -301 error is ignored
it all works absolutely fine, including syncing to the palm.

My main question is what is a -301 error? If you can't tell me that can someone
at least point me at where the error is generated within pilot-link. I tried a bit
of code chasing but got bogged down (it is years since I have done anything beyond
one line fixes to any C).

Other than these errors PilotManager works fine with 0.12.1, great works guys, it
is lovely to be able to usb sync on a mac, so much faster than bluetooth!

Ian