Welcome Guest!
 POLITICAL DIARY
PD # 25: A HEALTHY VISION: Dream Treatments for Everyone  Joyce Lynn, Editor
 Dec 08, 2009 21:34 PST

Joyce Lynn, Editor

POLITICAL DIARY
The Inside Source for News

Joyce Lynn, Editor
www.topica.com/lists/politicaldiary
For archived editions, click on Read this List

contact Joyce at joyce at plumdreams dot com

POLITICAL DIARY is rooted in the truth-telling power of dreams. Its
premise: Each of us has an Inside Source, which reveals our
personal/political path to peace.

Through investigative reporting, interpretative analysis, commentary,
tips, and other journalistic tools, POLITICAL DIARY reports the news so
we can make informed choices.

IN THIS ISSUE:

FROM THE EDITOR
REFLECTIONS ON A PUBLIC OPTION
FIELDS OF GRAIN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FROM THE EDITOR:

While the politicians dance to their corporate masters (a few hear the
people's drum), affirm this mantra created from a dream, or one of your
own design, to focus and find your Healer within:

MAXIWELL

   I hear the word MAXIWELL.
   I maximize well-being.
   MaxIwell,
         a mantra-in-the-making:
   I maximize well-being.
   I maximize my well-being.
   I maximize well-being.
          This sounds like the key to
                health.
   The capacity to heal lies within.

(from Plum Dreams Diary by Joyce Lynn)
~~~~~~~~
REFLECTIONS ON A PUBLIC OPTION

Watching a recent Sunday talk show on health reform legislation, I had a
sickening feeling (and intuitive pain in my neck) that once again the
people will lose to the corporations. Already reaping financial
bonanza, even from Medicare, the health insurance companies, exempt from
anti-trust laws, and big Pharma will cement their power, making
legislative reform and Medicare/health care for all an even more distant
reality. The tide of corporate power rises higher.

Meaningful health care reform slips away as deaths from undiagnosed and
untreated illnesses increase and bankruptcies from exorbitant medical
bills rise (a million plus a year). With more bluster and bravado than
belief, I e-mailed a friend, a long-time health care activist,
"Distressed, but not discouraged." As I hit "send, " what we the people
can do to crawl out from our victimized state crystallized.

We can call upon our dreams, our Inner Healer. As PD readers know, I've
experienced this paradigm first-hand:

A drawing of wheat blowing in the wind (see Fields of Grain, below) in a
dream led to a vegetarian cooking class. That was 20-plus years ago. I
still binge on M & M's on occasion and insist friends lock up their
chocolates, but the blue print for healthy eating is firmly in place.

Dreams and Good Health, my story of calling upon the guiding and
transformational power of dreams in the face of a potential health
crisis, first appeared in print in 1991. Reproduced in Featured Dream in
the fall issue of PLUM DREAMS JOURNAL and/or archived under DREAMS (LIVE
LINK), it chronicles self-care and the companion spiritual journey
rooted in the laws of metaphysical science.

While in warrior pose during a recent yoga class (honestly), I recalled
a dream leading me to care with a world class herbalist and
acupuncturist. Two years ago, fatigued from bearing witness to illness
in my family and sickened from sloshing around in the political sludge
of the 9/11 Commission, I was so grateful for the guidance.

What would jump start burned out adrenals and fix fuzzy sluggish energy,
I asked my dreams one night. A beautiful Chinese silk cord, knotted like
an elegant kimono clasp, appeared at my neck. The throat chakra
perhaps? I scanned the yellow page listings of Chinese medicine. Several
calls led me to a clinic/school of acupuncture, where apex-quality care
at community rates is dispensed.

With renewed energy, I amped up my (writing) voice, weakened by diffuse
projects and responsibilities. I've focused with Zen-like concentration
on the book I've been drafting in the wake of 9/11 and told friends
sloppy communication is unacceptable. A stop sign signaled when the
time was right to complete the Yin/energy treatment. Once again, dreams
guided me to ameliorate the symptoms and correct the underlying cause.

Recently, considering a referral for a second opinion about a chronic
health condition, during a nap I remembered another stop dream, this one
a red light on the route to that doctor's office. Listening to the
dream guidance, I chose a different alternative.

A marvelous feature of dream treatment is how it mirrors the operative
Western, Eastern, or energetic medicine modality. On the morning I
needed to decide about an appointment with a new holistic provider, I
dreamt of a tan van in the driveway of a suburban home. Children, one
dressed like my brother wearing a stripped shirt, were ousted from the
passenger side window. At my appointment with the practitioner, he
talked about the emphasis my parents' generation put on perfection and
protection. My dream signaled, first, this healer and modality were the
ones to pursue. Second, my dream described the underlying dynamics of my
physical problem and how to move forward.

We need Medicare for all, but the real health care reform we crave is
an expansion of the lexicon of doctors, care, and "medicine" from
traditional to holistic, to those whose foundation is the
mind/body/spirit nexus.

In the meantime, which could be a long time, and regardless of when true
legislative health care reform happens, remember intuitive, self- care
is a public option available to everyone anytime. Regardless of what
happens legislatively, we can kindle the Healer within.

~~~~~~~~
DREAMING OF FIELDS OF GRAIN

Fields of grain blowing in the wind appeared on my nighttime dream
screen—the distinct answer to a daytime quandary. After facing a
potentially serious illness, I searched for a healthy eating plan.

I vacillated between making an appointment with a natural health doctor
or taking a natural foods cooking class promoted by a flyer decorated
with a sheaf of wheat.

The class revolutionized my eating habits—and pointed the way to what I
call the Divine Eating Plan. The instructor evoked the Bible as the
supreme nutrition manual; the Garden of Eden, a model for vegetarianism
and healthful eating.

The plan: A diet of grains, legumes, and vegetables and fruits,
specified amounts of protein, a simple program based on the premise
calories are what count in weight loss, and a spiritually-oriented
procedure for stemming food addictions and overeating.

Finding this time-tested eating “formula” connected me with the
abundance of the earth and the Source of that abundance. That was 20
plus years ago. The result: 20 plus years of health and comfort and
surety about food, once a turmoil-filled sector of my life.

In this era of mandatory sustainability, vegetarianism and vegan eating
mean better health for the planet, too. The 2006 United Nations Food &
Agriculture Report called raising livestock for human consumption the
most serious ecological problem affecting global warming, exceeding even
the hazards caused by automobile emissions. That’s right, eating a
vegetarian diet is more environmentally conscious than driving a hybrid.

According to the report, the grain or corn fed to one cow would feed ten
people. In addition, feeding livestock requires huge amounts of fossil
fuels/oil (contained in fertilizer, yuck) and water, wasting valuable
resources. For example, it takes 2,300 to 5,000 gallons of water to
yield a pound of beef, something impossible to sustain in an era of
record draughts. The waste products of farm animals pollute rivers and
poison our drinking water. Antibiotics and chemicals shot into the
animals humans consume can cause resistance and worse. (Source: San
Francisco Vegetarian Society’s Global Warming & Your Diet,
http://www.sfvs.org)

This fields of grain dream led to a healthy "diet" appropriate for me.
Instead of jumping from one fad diet to another, ask your dreams for
guidance about the eating plan for you (and, of course, check with your
health practitioner). All of us benefit when each of us eats well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copyright © 2009 Joyce Lynn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JOYCE LYNN is a journalist including eight years as a political
reporter in Washington, D.C. After she moved to San Francisco, she
turned to writing about matters of the mind. She initiated the
POLITICAL DIARY in the aftermath of the 2000 election when dreams
predicted with 100% accuracy its outcome and told the story behind the
story -- before the mainstream media.

POLITICAL DIARY is archived at www.topica.com/lists/politicaldiary.
Go to Read this List
For information about Plum Dreams Workshops,
contact joyce AT plumdreams.com
To order Plum Dreams Diary by Joyce Lynn, an exploration via dreams of
mothers, men, modern medicine, and the nature of the Divine, visit www
dot plum dreams dot com and click on the book's cover.

The POLITICAL DIARY subscriber list is confidential and will not be
shared or sold.
Copyright © 2004-2009 Joyce Lynn