Welcome Guest!
 Just can it
Just can it  DrDon-@aol.com
 Sep 23, 2004 20:32 PDT

-------------------------------1095996746

Hi!

If you post the banana butter recipe, I'll do a strawberry butter recipe
from East Texas.

One of my hobbies is collecting old cookbooks and here is one that will be
of interest for this group. Successful Canning and Preserving, by Ola Powell
Malcolm dated 1917. More later.

Uncooked Strawberry Butter

1/2 cup butter               2 cups powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
Beat until fluffy. Then add 1 package (10 oz.) strawberries, mix well and
chill

Dr Don

Hi!

Well, my name is Leigh and I'm a displaced Southerner currently residing in
Washington state.

I recently put up a batch of banana butter (that's right! I said banana!)
and would be willing to share the recipe if anyone is interested.

-------------------------------1095996746

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1458" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=role_body style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"
bottomMargin=7 leftMargin=7 topMargin=7 rightMargin=7><FONT id=role_document
face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=Arial color=#000000
size=2> Hi!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>If you post the banana butter recipe, I'll do a strawberry butter recipe
from East Texas.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>One of my hobbies is collecting old cookbooks and here is one that will be
of interest for this group. Successful Canning and Preserving, by Ola Powell
Malcolm dated 1917.  More later.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Uncooked Strawberry Butter</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>1/2 cup
butter
2 cups powdered sugar</DIV>
<DIV>1 t. vanilla</DIV>
<DIV>Beat until fluffy. Then add 1 package (10 oz.) strawberries, mix well and
chill</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Dr Don</DIV>
<DIV><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=Arial color=#000000
size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=Arial color=#000000
size=2>Hi!<BR><BR>Well, my name is Leigh and I'm a displaced Southerner
currently residing in<BR>Washington state.<BR><BR>I recently put up a batch of
banana butter (that's right!  I said banana!)<BR>and would be willing to
share the recipe if anyone is interested.<BR></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>