Welcome Guest!
 Just can it
Just can it  Catherine
 Sep 28, 2004 15:38 PDT

We canned dill pickles at the beginning of August, as we've done for
years. I came down to the fruit room tonight and found 8 of the 29
quarts had lost/popped their seal and had a white film at the bottom of
the jar. I disposed of them and checked the others. They all still
seem well sealed, with no hint of 'white' at the bottom. Has anyone had
a similar problem and can advise as to what may have caused it? Thank
you. Catherine