Welcome Guest!
 PublibCT
RE: Outsourcing  valerie jensen
 Apr 17, 2005 20:33 PDT

We've always done it ourselves, but at times it gets difficult with
limited staff. I have tried to get my director to outsource, but so far
no luck. If you have a steady group of people wanting to come to
computer classes and also the potential for advanced courses, ebay, web
design, whatever - outsourcing is the way to go. I'm going to write a
grant in the next year or so for additional computers for that purpose.
i'm keeping track of students, and how many classes we've provided along
with their feedback to use as part of the write up. we'll see what
happens!
Steve Garwood wrote:

Hello all,

Just a quick question.

Do any of your libraries "outsource" computer training? i.e. Instead of
library staff doing the computer training an outside organization or
person is contracted (paid) to do it or hired to add to the library
program.

Thanks in advance, Steve