Welcome Guest!
 PublibCT
Re: Lack of postings... $0.02  Michael McCulley
 Apr 05, 2007 13:10 PDT

Bill and all,

I've had a small group over on Yahoo! groups

since 2003, and though we have 176 listed members, we get relatively no discussion or postings. You can see we started out okay in 2003, but downhill since.. I'm not sure it's needed any longer, so I've thought of closing it down.

Best,
Michael

P. Michael McCulley, Librarian II / Information & Technology
San Diego Public Library, 820 E Street, CA 92101-4806
Phone: 619-238-6678 / FAX: 619-238-6639
E-mail: mmccu-@sandiego.gov

 "Bill Hudgins" <b.hud-@lanepl.org> 4/5/2007 8:02 AM >>>

Regarding the lack of list activity, perhaps:
1) The rate of technology change is overtaking (not to say overwhelming) trainers
2) Aging hardware is presenting its own challenges
3) The demographic of those who don't know how to use a computer is shrinking
4) Google has become the first resort for most of our users for more than just searching
5) Spring and summer are typically lower seasons for computer learners, at least in my part of the world (Ohio)
6) We're burning out.

We're averaging 66% attendance over the long haul, and 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
--
Best regards,
Bill Hudgins, Tech Trainer