Welcome Guest!
 QHC
re: Nelson  Jane Stokes
 Sep 19, 2006 20:51 PDT
Hello Elaine,
We're in B.C. but on the coast. We were in Nelson for a magnificent summer thunder storm this summer during the Our Way Home Reunion!. There were some other home-schoolers in Argenta (up the lake) a number of years back but I don't know if that is still true. Argenta has a long Quaker history around education as it had an alternative type Quaker boarding school there for a long time. I think you will find many f/Friends there with home-schooling/alternative child-focused learning and parenting there. You might like to explore the Canadian Yearly Meeting website for some contacts. All the best - you have found a very beautiful part of the world.
Jane in Richmond, BC