Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
    All Messages Next Message
--> Sour Cream Burgers, 01-18-00  Recipe du Jour
 Jan 18, 2000 02:37 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 15
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

                    *** WIN $8,764 ***
Play CEO for a day and win $8,764 (the average daily pay of
a Fortune 500 CEO); a free trip to California; and $1,000
in computer equipment! Just go to OfficeClick.com, the web
site designed specifically for admins, and tell us how you'd
do things if you were a CEO.
http://www.officeclick.com/?MPC=em0029+ec03+te013+aq+0200

AOL Users Click Here</a>

=======================================

It’s plain and simple week at Recipe du Jour

SOUR CREAM BURGERS

1-1/2 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
2 tbs chopped onion
1-1/2 cup corn flakes, crushed

Mix first 5 ingredients together, then add crushed corn flakes. Form the
mixture into patties. Broil them for 5 minutes, turn them over, and broil
for 3 minutes more. Yield 10 to 12 burgers.

Remember to visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

=======================================

   STOP SNORING with SNORELESS!
   "Featured on the Regis and Kathy Lee show". Give yourself
   and your partner a good night's sleep." An amazing NEW spray
   that stops snoring in a snap. No dental devices or surgery
   necessary. A perfect gift for all occasions. Order today at
   just $20.00. It comes with a money back GUARANTEE.
   Click here now: http://www.healthieralternatives.com/

=======================================

Simply Tim: GRAVITY FLOATING

One day I decided to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. The opportunity
presented itself while I was a story producer for the old “PM MAGAZINE”
television show. In preparation, I spent 4 hours jumping out of the back of
a moving pickup truck, practicing “parachute landings” where you
theoretically roll with gravity to lessen the ground’s jarring impact. Yeah,
right.

Eventually I ended up standing on a strut in the prop wash of a laboring
Piper Cub airplane seven thousand feet above a sweltering Louisiana
countryside. I was suitably terrified. The jump master had just tossed a
weighted ribbon out of the cabin door, and my eyes had followed it down,
down, down until it became a fluttering speck that blurred out as tears were
blown across my eyeballs. “GO!” he shouted, pointing at me and grinning. I
can not begin to tell you how difficult it was to will my white-knuckled
fingers to let go of the wildly vibrating wing brace. Every atom of my being
rebelled against that one simple action. “GO, GO, GO!” he shouted again. I
gritted my teeth and relinquished my death grip in a text-book perfect
spread eagle exiting posture. I watched the static cord strip out of the
airplane and yank my chute free from the pack. “One, two, three.” I began
counting, remembering that if my chute hadn’t opened by the time I got to
ten, I’d have to begin my cutaway procedure and release my spare chute. The
chute cords (I noticed) had become twisted. My brain was working so fast I
snapped my legs in the opposite direction of the twist without even
thinking. I literally spun the chute open. POOF!

Dead silence. The airplane was nowhere to be seen. Above me, a comforting
canopy bloomed magnificently; below, a tiny field swayed beneath two
dangling tennis shoes; a turkey buzzard flapped by, warily eyeing me over
its shoulder as a faint upward breeze washed over my body. “Hello, Buzz.” I
remember saying. “Hey, Tim!” came the reply, clear as a bell. But it wasn’t
the buzzard. It was my cameraman (an accomplished sky-diver) some three
thousand feet below, shouting: “How does it feel?”

I landed softly in the middle of the field. My heart was racing. As the
chute gently exhaled around me, I lay on my back, arms and legs splayed on
the green pasture. A bee buzzed by. “Hello, bee…”

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please place this story’
s title in the email subject area.

=======================================

Be first to learn of new job openings with leading
companies such as American Express, General Dynamics
and IBM. Subscribe for free by sending a new email to:
mailto:subsc-@adguide.com?subject=aecSUBSCRIBE

=======================================

Do you remember? Avocado, rust, and harvest gold.

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I’ve mentioned my neighbor’s daughter before. Her name is
Myra and she’s my age and she’s special. I think before I told you how much
she liked soap operas. Well, she’s crazy about Dukes of Hazard too, loves
that show, watches the reruns every day. Well, there was some sort of car
show at our local arena. John Schnieder was there along with his car,
General Lee. Myra got her picture taken with John and that car and got it
signed. She even kissed “Bo.” And she was in Heaven. The first thing she did
when she got home was to come running over. “Mister Richard, look, look!”
she shouted and showed me the picture. I can’t begin to tell you how glad I
was for her.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Another Note:   We ran the following on Monday with the incorrect URL. If
you had trouble reaching the Web site, please try again. -- Rich

Non profit group trying to mount a grassroots campaign to effect legislation
for equitable rights for children, regardless of state or jurisdiction - to
allow our children a voice in their fate being decided by the courts.
Please
get behind this noble cause and support our children's right to a voice!
http://www.Save-The-Children-USA.com/stcindex.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

Navy Blue

Diane Renay as sung on "I Wish I Were A Princess- The Great Lost
Female Teen Idols"-Collector's Choice Music DPSM 5189
Words and Music by Bob Crewe, Eddie Rambeau, and Bud Rehak

CHORUS
Blue, navy blue, I'm as blue as I can be
'cause my steady boy said "Ship ahoy"
And joined the Nay-ee-ay-vee

He said he wanted to settle down
And let me be his girl
But first he had to do a little travelin' around
And see the whole wide world

That's why I'm
CHORUS

I got a letter yesterday from Tokyo
And a souvenir
A walky-talky wind-up little China doll
That says "Wish you were here"

CHORUS

He's comin' home to see me on a weekend pass
A forty-eight hour day-ate
That boat he's sailin' on just better get here fast
'cause I can hardly wait

Till then I'm
CHORUS

Diane sings an elongated "ah-ahhhhhh" while backups do ö Blue, navy
blue, I'm as blue as I can be"

=======================================

*CLEAN JOKES* Do you like good Clean jokes? Join one of the
best and *Cleanest* joke lists on the net! Sign up today and
start getting 3 CLEAN jokes everyday for free right to your
inbox! To join for FREE visit: http://www.jokeseveryday.com
also SEND A E-MAIL TO: join-joke-@lists.dundee.net

=======================================

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.

    All Messages Next Message