Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
--> Fried Cucumbers, 01-19-00  Recipe du Jour
 Jan 19, 2000 02:52 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 16
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

We have a friend in New York City who has a FREE
newsletter with really witty humor and jokes; but
best of all are the weekly inspirations!

Joke du Jour is sometimes provocative, sometimes dry,
sometimes sexy -- but always FREE!!! It makes a great
companion piece to Recipe du Jour!

Join for FREE by sending a blank e-mail to:
subscribe--@lyris.enlist.com
Or surf over to the website:
http://www.1freeplace.com/cgi-bin/ads.cgi?ID=15&L=08

=======================================

It’s plain and simple week at Recipe du Jour

FRIED CUCUMBERS

1 large egg
1 cup milk
2 cucumbers
2 cups cracker crumbs, finely crushed
Butter or vegetable oil
Salt and ground black pepper

Beat the egg and add the milk. Peel and slice the cucumbers, and dip them
into the cracker crumbs. Lay the cucumber slices out to dry a little, then
dip them into the egg mixture and then again into the cracker crumbs. Fry
them in butter or vegetable oil until golden brown, drain on paper towels,
and season with salt and pepper to taste. Yield: 6 servings.

Remember to visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

=======================================

If you like old-fashioned, traditional country music from the 1950's
thru the 1980's, COUNTRY MUSIC CLASSICS is for you. It's a FREE weekly
newsletter, all about country music--back when it was really country!
Stories behind the songs, questions and answer section, contests and
more   If you prefer Jim Reeves, Buck Owens, Ray Price and Patsy
Cline---rather
than Shania or Garth---then you'll enjoy Country Music Classics!   To
subscribe: mail a blank e-mail to: CountryClassi-@topica.com

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   When I got drafted, it was more than 3 years before I
returned to live in Norfolk. When I came back things had changed. There was
a new arena, looking like a flying saucer, for some unknown reason called
Scope, nestled downtown. Tim and other friends kept referring to some place
called the Chrysler, which I later found out was the old Norfolk Museum. I
had fond memories of that museum. As a youngster I had donated money to them
to help buy a Renoir painting, a framed work that turned out to be not much
larger than a postcard. They had a small Egyptian exhibit and other quaint
galleries. But while I was gone, a man named Walter Chrysler had decided to
move here from some place up north and exhibit his extensive art collection.
I’m glad he did because the Chrysler Museum at Norfolk is now one of the
finest I’ve ever seen, much better than the one in Richmond. I could go on
and on about the wonderful things to see, but some day you’ll come to the
Norfolk area of Virginia and you’ll see what I mean.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

*-------------CARTOON DELIVERY SERVICE!------------*
--> Are you tired of the same old joke services? <--
---> Then You need a visual joke! CDS delivers! <---
---><a href="http://www.fogmail.com"> Click </a><---
-> Get on this list! Click http://www.fogmail.com <-

=======================================

Do you remember? “Wish you were there? Whoosh! You are!”

=======================================

Simply Tim: BIRDS & THE BEES

One evening I discovered a telltale and mysterious book lying on my pillow:
"Suzie's Babies", which detailed in a childish (yet thorough) manner how
baby hamsters came into being. Although I was a young teenager at the time,
the writing was perhaps targeted to an eight year old reader. So, about a
week later, when my father uncharacteristically suggested we go for a walk,
I was prepared for the inevitable. "Well, Tim," he eventually said
uncomfortably, "I think it's about time we talked about the Birds and the
Bees."

"Yeah, Dad..." I replied. "What is it you need to know about them?"

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please place this story’
s title in the email subject area.

=======================================

Win a Mini Disk Bundle!
Mini-Disc is the future of music. Mini Disc
is recordable, portable, digital, and virtually
unshockable. Mini-Disk has Quick Random Access.
It's Recordable! It has High Quality Digital Sound.
Lightweight and Compact, Easy to Handle
Strong Against Shocks, Prevents Skipping
Superior Durability and Reliability. Win one Today!
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/mdisk.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

The Birds and the Bees

Jewel Akens as sung on "At the Hop"-Brookville Records BR 4600
Words and Music by Herb Newman

Let me tell ya 'bout the birds and the bees
And the flowers and the trees
And the moon up above
And a thing called "Love"

Let me tell ya 'bout the stars in the sky
And a girl and a guy
And the way they could kiss
On a night like this

When I look into your big brown eyes
It's so very plain to see
That it's time you learned about the facts of life
Starting from A to Z

Let me tell ya 'bout the birds and the bees
And the flowers and the trees
And the moon up above
And a thing called "Love" (Yeah!)

When I look into your big brown eyes
It's so very plain to see
That it's time you learned about the facts of life
Starting from A to Z

Let me tell ya 'bout the birds and the bees
And the flowers and the trees
And the moon up above
And a thing called "Love"

Let me tell ya 'bout the birds and the bees
And the flowers and the trees
And the birds and the bees
And the flowers and the trees
'bout the birds
FADE
and the bees

=======================================

“Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a positive
and constructive one.” - Add positive perspective to your life with
FREE quotes, articles and short stories from Motivational-Messages.com.
mailto:motivationalmes-@listbot.com (daily)
mailto:inspirationwee-@listbot.com (weekly).

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.