Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
--> Herbed Potatoes, 01-20-00  Recipe du Jour
 Jan 20, 2000 02:59 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 17
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

Get 12 CDs FOR FREE when you join the Club!

Plus, you can take 2 MORE FREE when you take a 13th
selection for only $6.95. And, with our low, Members-only
prices, your savings never stop! Start picking your FREE
CDs now at: http://www.columbiahouse.com/gateway?token=3838

Click Here</a>

=======================================

It’s plain and simple week at Recipe du Jour

HERBED POTATOES

4 small new potatoes
2 tsp minced fresh parsley
2 tsp minced chives
2 tsp reduced-calorie margarine

Peel a 1/2-inch strip around center of each potato. Cook, covered, in
boiling water 20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes; add remaining
ingredients, tossing to coat. Yield: 2 servings.

Remember to visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

=======================================

AN AMAZING NEW FREE DEBT REDUCTION PROGRAM!

* Slash your credit card interest rate down to zero!
* Cut your minimum monthly payments by 50%
* Instantly begin to IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT RATING
Sign up NOW for FREE & SAVE THOUSANDS on your debt and interest.

http://www.e-debtconsolidation.com/freeform.asp?refid=15026

AN AMAZING NEW FREE DEBT REDUCTION PROGRAM! </a>

=======================================

Simply Tim: THANKS

A little over two years ago Rich, Walt, and I sat around my kitchen table
trying to define our first Internet “project”. At the time we were tossing
around ideas for beginning a science fiction web site. The conversation
swirled in and out of the realm of total absurdity for several hours. Ground
rules were simple: whatever we came up with MUST incorporate literary
effort.

While cutting up a breakfast three-cheese, ham and mushroom omelet topped
with fresh cut chives from my herb garden, Rich’s fork paused in mid air.
“How about a RECIPE site?” he asked quietly.

Walt sipped his coffee for a moment or two, and then said, “How are we going
to fit ‘literary effort’ into a recipe site?” I was wondering about this
myself.

“No problem,” was Rich’s response.

Thus, between mouthfuls of omelets and sips of hot coffee, Recipe du Jour
was born.

It still boggles my mind that from that innocent beginning we have grown
readership to tens of thousands of subscribers. It is a humbling experience
and one not taken lightly. Thank you, subscribers, for making Recipe du Jour
a success. I haven’t seen Rich this happily animated since the day he got
out of boot camp.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please place this story’
s title in the email subject area.

=======================================

*CLEAN JOKES* Do you like good Clean jokes? Join one of the
best and *Cleanest* joke lists on the net! Sign up today and
start getting 3 CLEAN jokes everyday for free right to your
inbox! To join for FREE visit: http://www.jokeseveryday.com
also SEND A E-MAIL TO: join-joke-@lists.dundee.net

=======================================

Do you remember?   Heddy Lamarr (may she rest in peace).

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I read with interest that last week Ivan DeBlois Combe had
died. Combe was the developer of Clearasil, the acne cream. Later his
company acquired Lanacane and Grecian Formula 16. He was also responsible
for Odor-Eaters, Just For Men, and Vagisil. Good bye, Mister Combe. The
people of my generation made your company a lot of money, I’m sure. Though I
never had that much of a problem with acne, I had a lot of friends who used
your Clearasil. I myself have used both Odor-Eaters and Just For Men (yes,
my wife talked me into coloring my gray beard once). People like you should
be honored and remembered for the good you’ve done mankind.

You can reach Rich at mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Non profit group trying to mount a grassroots campaign to effect legislation
for equitable rights for children, regardless of state or jurisdiction - to
allow our children a voice in their fate being decided by the courts.
Please
get behind this noble cause and support our children's right to a voice!
http://www.Save-The-Children-USA.com/stcindex.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

STEWBALL
Peter, Paul & Mary
Written by Mezzetti/Stookey/Okun/Travers

Oh Stewball was a racehorse, and I wish he were mine.
He never drank water, he always drank wine.
His bridle was silver, his main it was gold.
And the worth of his saddle has never been told.

Oh the fairgrounds were crowded, and Stewball was there
But the betting was heavy on the bay and the mare.
And a-way up yonder, ahead of them all,
Came a-prancin' and a-dancin' my noble Stewball.

I bet on the grey mare, I bet on the bay
If I'd have bet on ol' Stewball, I'd be a free man today.
Oh the hoot owl, she hollers, and the turtle dove moans.
I'm a poor boy in trouble, I'm a long way from home.

Oh Stewball was a racehorse, and I wish he were mine.
He never drank water, he always drank wine.

=======================================

Are you hungry? Don't want to cook? View menus and order food online.
Over 11,000 Restaurants! http://alwaysfreegreetings.com/food.htm
Get a Free Email Address - http://alwaysfreegreetings.com/email.htm
Jokes on the net - http://alwaysfreegreetings.com/jokes.htm
Brought to you by http://alwaysfreegreetings.com

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.