Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ--Polynesian Beans-and-Franks, 01-28-00  Recipe du Jour
 Jan 28, 2000 02:50 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 24
=======================================
RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

* FUN... CONTROVERSIAL... ADDICTIVE... and it's all FREE! *

Like to Laugh... Like your news a little Bizarre... or do you
like to be Teased, Brain Teasers that is? See why over one
million people a day get their news, entertainment and fun
from ShagMail! The widest selection of topics on the net.
Visit: http://www.shagmail.com/al/affiliates.cgi?470

=======================================

POLYNESIAN BEANS-AND-FRANKS

1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 tbs butter or margarine
2 (16 oz) cans kidney beans, drained
1 (16 oz) can baked beans, undrained
1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
1/2 lb frankfurters, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 tbs vinegar
2 tbs corn syrup
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Combine apple, onion, green pepper, and butter in a 2-1/2-quart casserole.
Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and microwave at HIGH for 2-1/2 to 3
minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing well. Cover and microwave at
HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 4
minutes. Yield: 8 to 10 servings.

Remember to visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

=======================================

~~~~~~ http://www.oska.com/oska.pht?id=100320 ~~~~~

       **** ANIMATE YOUR PC ****

         (: FREE DOWNLOAD :)

      (: Go on. Have Some Fun. :)

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I finally got around to looking at the December issue of
Better Homes And Gardens the other day. One of the first things I have
always done with that magazine is turn to the last page to read The Man Next
Door by Burton Hillis. He started his column, “Dear Friends,” and I knew I
wasn’t going to like it for the first time in a long, long time. He said
goodbye in that homespun way of his, admonishing us to find wonderful people
in our lives, such as the people he reported on each month. This would be,
he said, his last column. I don’t know how long I’ve been reading Better
Homes And Gardens, but it seems like The Man Next Door has always been
there, always been a good neighbor; and I’m sad that he won’t be giving us
snippets of life anymore. I sorted thru the pile of magazines and found the
January issue. No, he wasn’t there. They had changed the name of the feature
to The Family Next Door and it was now only cartoons. About six months after
we started Recipe du Jour, I realized that Burton Hillis had been a
subconscious inspiration for these Rich’s Notes. I hope he doesn’t mind. And
I hope he continues to find wonderful people as he journeys through life.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

The Daily Detour - Quickly becoming The Nets best Free
G-Rated interactive comedy newsletter. A word of the day,
witty humor, contests and today's Favorite Funny. Increase
your vocabulary, learn something new, start your day with a
smile. Preview now at: http://www.humorhwy.com/preview.html

=======================================

Do you remember? “Ding dong, ding dong. It’s time to rise and shine. Shine
your shoes and you wear a smile. Shine your shoes and you’ll be in style.
Griffin polish shines the best. Some folks are not particular how they look
around the street. But if you wore your shoes upon your head, you’d be sure
that they looked neat. So keep your shoes shined all the time. Ding dong,
ding dong. It’s time to shine.”

=======================================

HELP SAVE A NEEDY CHILD'S LIFE...

that without your help may not survive. Your
support can provide vaccinations, basic medical
care, education and clothing. To receive a free
information package, or to make a donation or
to sponsor a child, please click here. Your
help really does make a difference in the lives
of children who have so little.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/stc.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: FAX SPAM

For years I’ve had a fax machine in my home office. Cobwebs have been the
only items I’ve received. Then, two weeks ago, I began getting mysterious
FAX spam. Here’s a sample:

“GET PAID TO ENJOY YOURSELF!
Get paid to go shopping!
Get paid to go drinking in a bar!
Get paid to dine out!
Get paid to go to the movies!
Full contact details of market research companies who will pay you to do
this part time!

<Oh, boy!>

Please call 1-900-773-XXXX from your FAX machine (for) the full details(*)

(*) Calls are $2.95 per minute. Average call: 6-7 minutes.”

Geeze, I think I’ll just save the $20.65 phone call and go shopping,
drinking, dining, and take in a good movie.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

Do you remember?

Bennie And The Jets
Elton John
Music by Elton John
Lyrics by Bernie Taupin

Hey kids, shake it loose together
The spotlight's hitting something
That's been known to change the weather
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight
So stick around
You're gonna hear electric music
Solid walls of sound

Say, Candy and Ronnie, have you seen them yet
But they're so spaced out, Bennie and the Jets
Oh but they're weird and they're wonderful
Oh Bennie she's really keen
She's got electric boots a mohair suit
You know I read it in a magazine
Bennie and the Jets

Hey kids, plug into the faithless
Maybe they're blinded
But Bennie makes them ageless
We shall survive, let us take ourselves along
Where we fight our parents out in the streets
To find who's right and who's wrong

=======================================

*-------------CARTOON DELIVERY SERVICE!------------*
--> Are you tired of the same old joke services? <--
---> Then You need a visual joke! CDS delivers! <---
---><a href="http://www.fogmail.com"> Click </a><---
-> Get on this list! Click http://www.fogmail.com <-

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.