Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Green Beans w/Country Ham and Peanuts, 01-01-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 01, 2000 02:33 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 27
=======================================
RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

      CompuBank: Finally, a bank with No Fees!
Do you hate those pesky little fees that banks keep
hitting you with? $1.50 for ATMs, $2.00 to look at
your canceled checks, $3.00 statement fee... Aargh!
CompuBank, the #1 FDIC insured online bank has
no pesky basic fees, no minimum balance required,
and will REIMBURSE you up to 4 ATM fees per month.
CompuBank also provides FREE online bill payment,
FREE online canceled check viewing, and you get
ClickMiles for opening and using your account.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/cbank.htm OR

=======================================

GREEN BEANS WITH COUNTRY HAM AND PEANUTS

1-1/2 to 1-3/4 lb fresh thin green beans
1/4 cup plus 2 tbs unsalted butter
2/3 cup roasted salted peanuts
1 cup julienned country ham or other salty, smoky ham
1-1/2 tbs brown mustard

Bring several inches of lightly salted water to a boil in a large saucepan
over high heat. Plunge the beans into the water and reduce the heat to
medium. Cook until tender, with no raw taste, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain the
beans, then cover them with ice water to retain the deep green color. When
cool, drain the beans again. Shortly before you plan to serve the beans,
melt the butter in a large skillet. Stir in the peanuts and sauté them for
several minutes, just long enough to deepen their color and crunch. Stir in
the ham and mustard, and heat the ham through. Add the green beans and toss
to coat them. Arrange them in a serving bowl, laid out as best you can, with
the beans and ham running the same direction. Serve immediately. Yield: 6
servings.

(from American Home Cooking by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison)

=======================================

Simply Tim: THERE THEY GO!

For as long as I can remember, my mom has had the following yellowed and
frayed scrap of paper posted on the refrigerator door: "Hark! There they
go... I must hasten after them, for I am their leader."

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

    Do Your Shopping In Comfort Of Your Pajamas!
      100s of FREE Catalogs! Over 300 to choose from!
Select your FREE catalogs by category, or simply search
by entering a catalog name, product, or brand.
Quickly locate the catalogs that have the products you want!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/crc.htm OR

     \    /             / funny stories, & hilarious jokes.
~^~^~^^`~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~~^~^~      They're Free!

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   My family, being from New Jersey, raves about Jersey
tomatoes. When my parents lived down here, they waited for visitors to bring
them tomatoes from home, grudgingly accepting my own backyard fruits until
the “real thing” arrived. I wondered about this a long time. Yes, they do
taste different being milder and less acidic. It has to be the soil. My
sisters were always going to bring me some buckets of Jersey dirt so I could
do a side-by-side test. In the end I decided it didn’t really matter; I’ve
grown to like my Virginia tomatoes very much, thank you. They have a bit of
a tang that is very satisfying. Since my parents have moved back to New
Jersey, they’ll be able to get all the Jersey tomatoes they want come
Summer. In the meantime I look out my window at the snow covering my dormant
vegetable garden and wait for Spring.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Do you remember?

Runaway
Del Shannon
(D. Shannon - M. Crook)

As I walk along I wonder a-what went wrong
With our love, a love that was so strong
And as I still walk on, I think of the things we've done
Together, a-while our hearts were young

I'm a-walkin' in the rain
Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain
Wishin' you were here by me
To end this misery
And I wonder
I wa-wa-wa-wa-wonder
Why
Ah-why-why-why-why-why she ran away
And I wonder where she will stay
My little runaway, run-run-run-run-runaway

------ Musitron solo ------

I'm a-walkin' in the rain
Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain
Wishin' you were here by me
To end this misery
And I wonder
I wa-wa-wa-wa-wonder
Why
Ah-why-why-why-why-why she ran away
And I wonder where she will stay
My little runaway, run-run-run-run-runaway
A-run-run-run-run-runaway

=======================================

“Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a positive
and constructive one.” - Add positive perspective to your life with
FREE quotes, articles and short stories from Motivational-Messages.com.
mailto:motivationalmes-@listbot.com (daily)
mailto:inspirationwee-@listbot.com (weekly).

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.