Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Layered Vegetable Cheesecake, 02-07-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 07, 2000 03:08 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 32
=======================================
RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

30 Minutes Of Free Long Distance And Free Stuff In Your E-Mail
Box!

Now you can get FREE quality e-newsletters in your mailbox
featuring FREE STUFF - including Crafts, Kids & Parents, Health,
Sweepstakes, and many more! Subscribe to any newsletter and
receive up to 30 minutes of long distance FREE.
Visit:http://www.myfree.com/join.html?swp19

=======================================

LAYERED VEGETABLE CHEESECAKE

1-1/3 cups dry breadcrumbs
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 (8 oz) pkgs Neufchatel cheese, softened (low fat cream cheese)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
8 oz sour cream
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
3/4 cup shredded carrot
3/4 cup diced green pepper
3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
Cucumber dill sauce

Cucumber Dill Sauce:
8 oz plain yogurt
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped, unpeeled cucumber
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried whole dillweed

Combine breadcrumbs and butter; press on bottom and 1 inch up sides of a
9-inch springform pan. Set aside. Beat cheese at high speed of an electric
mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Add flour and next four ingredients; beat until blended. Pour
about 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle with carrot.
Top with 1/3 remaining cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with green pepper. Top
with 1/2 of remaining cream cheese mixture; top with red pepper. Top with
remaining cream cheese mixture. Bake at 300 degrees F. for 1 hour or until
set. Turn oven off, and partially open oven door; leave cheesecake in oven 1
hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Cover and chill. Combine all
ingredients of Cucumber dill sauce, stirring well. Cover and chill. Serve
this luncheon cheesecake with Cucumber dill sauce. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

=======================================

Shop till you drop in New York City!
                 WIN $10,000 shopping spree!
Also included is Round trip airfare for two
and Hotel accommodation for 4 days/3 nights.
    Visit the Big Apple for the time of your life!
         This offer expires 02/15/2000!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/shopny.htm OR

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   A few weeks ago I told you about how some people at work
spray-painted some old shoes fluorescent green and wore them to a meeting I
conducted, for a laugh, because they knew how much I hated green. Belatedly,
they wondered how I would retaliate. I wondered myself until one day at the
grocery store I saw a package of chicken feet. Ah, ha! I bought the chicken
feet, took them home, placed them in a large Zip-Loc bag along with some
water and a number of drops of green food coloring. I put the bag in the
downstairs refrigerator. As I was getting ready for bed that night, I
suddenly remembered the chicken feet; so I went down to the garage to get
them. “Where are you going?” Susan asked. “To get my feet,” I replied. “But
you’re wearing them,” she observed. “No, my chicken feet.” I reentered the
kitchen holding the bag of sickly green fowl feet. “What in the world are
you going to do with those?” asked Susan, not sure if she really wanted an
answer. Once I explained, she thought it was a great idea and insisted on
getting a picture. The next day, at the end of my meeting, I passed out
brown paper bags each containing a small Zip-Loc bag with a pair of
icky-green chicken feet to those who had worn fluorescent green shoes at the
previous meeting. I received the appropriate reaction. Carol took hers home,
put them in a saucepan with some water to see if they did indeed make a
decent chicken broth, and let them cook. Her husband came home. Curious
about what was for dinner, he lifted the lid of the saucepan. “Hit something
on the road today?” he asked.

To see an “artistic” picture of the chicken feet, click on the following
link: http://www.recipedujour.com/greenfeet.htm

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

address line (the one that says “To:”) of your email. Do not hit “Reply” and
type or paste x-@x.com (or whatever) into the text area.

With that in mind, we’d like to invite you to subscribe to Tim and Rich’s
Tip du Jour by sending a blank email to tipdujour--@listbot.com Get
gardening tips, computer tips, tips on cleaning, and other valuable
information and entertaining features delivered daily, free, via email.

send a blank email to
dessert-s-@topica.com

=======================================

Simply Tim: KNOCK DOWN DRAG OUT

As I write this, I celebrate my sixteenth day, sixth hour, fourteenth minute
without smoking a cigarette. Let me tell you something, smoking is a knock
down drag out addiction. My fingernails are nubs and for the first time in
years I can SMELL things and my taste buds quiver. But every time I sniff or
pick up a cup of coffee, eat a fine meal with lots of garlic, or walk in my
garden, sip a glass of fine wine--- my hand reaches for a pack of phantom
cigarettes tucked in a shirt pocket. I associate cigarettes with everything.
It’s going to be tough.

I decided to quit because the “flu” struck me down two weeks ago, knocking
me senseless for five days, during which time a cigarette was the LEAST of
my problems. When I recovered from the chills and fevers, the nicotine
cravings returned; realizing I had already abstained for a whole five days
without even knowing it, the choice to go all the way was obvious.

Cigarette prices in Maryland are now about $4 per pack, so smoking two packs
in today’s society costs $56 a week, $224 a month, or $2,688 per year. Taxes
are astronomical and passed along the food chain, changing day by day as
politicians manipulate the tobacco crop. For a while, at least, I suppose
the politicians and tobacco lobbies will continue to do battle, enticing
blue collar, 2-smoker households and white collar, 2-smoker households into
an annual $5,370 per household revenue stream. In the meantime, I’ve made it
another forty five minutes deeper into my journey while writing this story.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

Emergency? Timely access to your medical
information via fax or web. Fast. Free. Secure.
FREE Personalized Emergency Medical Profile:
store & retrieve securely. You NEED to protect
yourself and your family from lack of knowledge
about your medical records.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/md.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember?

Green Green
The New Christy Minstrels
Written by Minstrel members Barry McGuire and Randy Sparks

CHORUS
(Green, green, it's green they say)
(On the far side of the hill)
(Green, green, I'm goin' away)
(To where the grass is greener still)

a-Well I told my mama on the day I was born
"Dontcha cry when you see I'm gone"
"Ya know there ain't no woman gonna settle me down"
"I just gotta be travelin' on"
a-Singin'

CHORUS

Nah, there ain't nobody in this whole wide world
Gonna tell me to spend my time
I'm just a good-lovin' ramblin' man
Say, buddy, can ya spare me a dime?
Hear me cryin', it's a

CHORUS

Yeah, I don't care when the sun goes down
Where I lay my weary head
Green, green valley or rocky road
It's there I'm gonna make my bed
Easy, now

CHORUS

Everybody, I wanna hear it now !!!

CHORUS

(To where the grass is greener still)
(To where the grass is greener still)
FADE
(To where the grass is greener still)

=======================================

Visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.