Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Double Corn Bake, 02-09-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 09, 2000 03:14 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 34
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

   LOSE WEIGHT fast and easy with gentle Pyuvate and Pyruvate
Accelerator. Feel better! Look younger! Your cloths will look great
on you. Pyruvate exists naturally in our bodies and new research indicates
it may be the most beneficial food supplement ever developed. You achieve
better endurance and energy while your body burns unwanted fat. Shed
pounds and keep them off!
Click NOW http://www.HealthierAlternatives.com/pyruvate.html

=======================================

DOUBLE CORN BAKE

1 lb hamburger
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup ketchup
1 (12 oz) can whole kernel corn
1 (10 oz) pkg corn bread mix
2 tbs melted butter
Tomato Sauce (recipe follows)

Combine meat and next 5 ingredients in a skillet. Cook, stirring until meat
is browned. Press against sides and rim of a 10-inch greased pie plate.
Drain corn; pour into center of pie plate. Use package directions to prepare
corn bread, adding melted butter. Spread evenly over meat and corn. Bake at
425 degrees F. for 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes; then invert onto
serving plate. Accompany with tomato sauce. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

Tomato Sauce:
1 (16 oz) can stewed tomatoes
1 tbs butter
1/2 bay leaf
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbs water

Combine stewed tomatoes, butter, and bay leaf in a 1-quart saucepan. Simmer
for 10 to 15 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Gradually stir into hot
tomato mixture. Stir and cook until thick.

=======================================

Some people are good people. Rodney and Cathy, the owners of the following
joke list, are good people. -- Rich

          PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, EVERYDAY!

Subscribe to Rodney And Cathy's Joke List and receive GREAT
jokes to start your day off with a smile. Free jokes e-mailed
daily or try our twice a week digest version. Just E-mail:
rcjokel-@mail-list.com
Or visit http://www.rcjokelist.com/signup.html

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I always tried to keep the jungle at a distance, but
sometimes I felt it was creeping closer as I slept. I would wake up before
anyone else stirred and stumble to the door of the hootch, looking out to
see if the line of the dark green trees had shifted in the night. Beneath
the canopy of stars nothing moved, usually. I could barely make out the
shadowy forms of the guard towers and the outlines of the mess hall and
other hootches. Sometimes I heard a helicopter winding up over on the
airstrip behind us. Every once in a while a jeep or a mule would slice by on
the dirt road. I liked to think that they were patrolling just for me,
guardians against an encroaching jungle. Somewhere out there were villages
with sleeping Vietnamese dreaming, perhaps, of a country not at war.
Somewhere out there were American soldiers, grunts, sleeping beneath trees
or on patrol, praying they would make it through another day so they could
eventually go home. I don’t think any of us thought much at night about the
politics of war, whether we should be there or not, whether there was a
right or a wrong. I suspect that some of us dreamed about what was going on
back home, whether or not we had been forgotten, what good times we might be
missing, how we would keep the edges of the dark jungle out of our lives
when we finally got to sleep in our own beds. The walls of my hootch were of
sand filled ammo boxes layered and insulated with sandbags. My dreams were
of vines and green growth slithering through the spaces between the
sandbags, seeking me out to wrap me like a snake and hold me tight until the
silent enemy could crawl into the private places I thought were safe.
Somewhere out there were the Viet Cong. Between the jungle and my hootch was
a berm of earth, was a cleared area strung with concertina wire, was a line
of guard towers. None of them seemed enough. I stared at the stars a while
longer and returned to my bunk and tried to steal more sleep, fearful that
the jungle was creeping ever closer.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Shhh! -- Don't Tell! It's a Secret!
But if YOU want to be one of the Smart Ones
who get things done the Easy Way and Save
their Money while they're doing it, then visit the
following website.. But Remember..
       It's a Secret! ... So Don't Tell Anyone!!!
http://www.afreeplace.com/busn-rdj.htm

=======================================

Do you remember? Tony Randall in Mr. Peepers.

=======================================

Simply Tim: CITY COOL

In the thirteen or so years I lived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, it only
snowed ONCE. Three quarters of an inch fell on the unsuspecting city during
rush hour afternoon traffic. Everywhere drivers stopped their cars and
leaped out into the medians to scrape up soggy handfuls of snow soon to
become snowballs. For about an hour motorists became children in the middle
of interstate, and even State Troopers joined the snowball battle lines.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

MEET THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE
                 AT RELATIONSHIPS.COM !
Your FREE relationships.com membership lets you
meet hundreds of people in your neighborhood and
around the country on the Internet's best dating service.
We're the best because our exclusive SureMatch
technology brings people together who are right for
each other! Relationships.com is safe, secure, fun,
and 100% Free. No fees. No charges. No catches.
So if you're ready to meet people you really click with,
         Try us right now!   Happy Dating!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/sn.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember?

THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT
The Tokens

(A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh)
(A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh)

In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle the quiet jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

Near the village the peaceful village
The lion sleeps tonight
Near the village the quiet village
The lion sleeps tonight

Hush my darling don't fear my darling
The lion sleeps tonight
Hush my darling don't fear my darling
The lion sleeps tonight

=======================================

The Daily Detour - Quickly becoming The Nets best Free
G-Rated interactive comedy newsletter. A word of the day,
witty humor, contests and today's Favorite Funny. Increase
your vocabulary, learn something new, start your day with a
smile. Preview now at: http://www.humorhwy.com/preview.html

=======================================

Visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.