Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Crispy Fried Carrots, 02-11-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 11, 2000 03:19 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 36
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

BURN FAT WHILE YOU SLEEP - FREE PREVIEW AND GIFT!
Lose weight YOUR way! Trim that tummy! Click below for your
free gift, and a "snacking secret."
http://www.fattofirm.com/moved.html

=======================================

CRISPY FRIED CARROTS

3/4 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
2-1/2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 egg white
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp hot sauce
4 large carrots, scraped and cut into thin strips
Vegetable oil

Combine first 7 ingredients, set aside. Beat egg white until foamy; stir in
buttermilk and hot sauce. Dip carrot in buttermilk mixture; drain off excess
mixture and dredge in cornmeal mixture. Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a
Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees F. Fry carrots 2 minutes or until lightly
browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I like what I do. I deal with the pressures of my daytime
job. I enjoy my family. I get into the composing of Recipe du Jour. I have a
blast picking the desserts to feature in Dessert du Jour. I get a kick out
of interacting with my friend Tim and appreciate the fact that I can stay in
touch with my friend Walt, pulling him into this madness. I like marketing
the ezines and swapping ads with other ezine publishers. I even don’t mind
that my biggest rival has a larger subscriber base. We’ll get there someday.
The way to be happy is to enjoy what you do. Obviously Tim and I enjoy what
we do or we wouldn’t be knocking ourselves in the head doing it. This is yet
another thank-you for putting up with us, for liking us enough to receive
our emails every day. Without you, you see, we’d be nothing. You are the
ones who make it possible for us to continue. Come May, we’ll be celebrating
our 2nd full year of Recipe du Jour. That’s something to crow about; and we
owe it all to you. We need to grow, though, if we’re to continue; and we
need your help. Please forward an issue of Recipe du Jour to everyone you
know and urge them to subscribe. Talk about us. Share the recipes we
feature. Tell them <grin> what great guys we are. We’d certainly appreciate
it.

It’s so easy to subscribe. Just address a blank email to
mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

Oh, and be sure to read the notice at the bottom of today’s issue about how
you can help worthy causes, such as the Hunger Site, without it costing you
anything.

=======================================

FREE Scholarship Search!
Need money for college? fastweb is the largest
FREE scholarship search on the Internet,
with accurate, updated information on more
than 400,000 scholarships, grants, and fellowships.
And fastweb is the only FREE scholarship search
service that allows students to apply online
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/fastweb.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember? Pepper Anderson.

=======================================

HELP SAVE A NEEDY CHILD'S LIFE...

that without your help may not survive. Your
support can provide vaccinations, basic medical
care, education and clothing. To receive a free
information package, or to make a donation or
to sponsor a child, please click here. Your
help really does make a difference in the lives
of children who have so little.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/stc.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: DISCIPLINE

I took my first SHOP class when I was in the seventh grade. After the
instructor pointed out the printing presses, drafting tables, woodworking
tools, pegboards with outlines for hammers and such, he asked each one of us
which "discipline" we'd like to study. I had always been partial to reading,
so I chose type setting.

"Fine," the instructor said. "Go over and pull out a type case."

I selected a tray drawer at random and slid it from the cabinet. Each type
piece was neatly arranged in its own separate compartment. Not realizing how
heavy lead type was, the tray slipped from my hands as I attempted to place
it on a table top. Billions and zillions of tiny lead type pieces scattered
across the floor.

"Too bad," said the teacher. "That's 6 point type. I guess you know what
*YOU'RE* going to be doing for the rest of the semester."

I never got a chance that year to actually PRINT anything. But to this day I
can remember the layout of a type case.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

Join the thousands who have discovered TIP DU JOUR
Household tips, computer tips, gardening tips, and more!
Delivered to you via email, FREE, five days a week
Simply send a blank email addressed to
tipdujour--@listbot.com

=======================================

Do you remember?

Three Stars Will Shine Tonight (Theme From Dr. Kildare)
Richard Chamberlain (who played Dr. Kildare on TV)
Words by Hal Winn and Music by Jerry Goldsmith and Pete Rugolo

Three stars will shine tonight, one for the lonely
That star will shine its light each time that someone sighs
Three stars for all to see, one for young lovers
That star was made to be the sparkle in their eyes

And, for the third star, only one reason
A star you can wish on to make dreams come true

High in the sky above, three stars are shining
I hope that star of love will shine down on you

And, for the third star, only one reason
A star you can wish on to make dreams come true

High in the sky above, three stars are shining
I hope that star of love    will shine down on you

=======================================

Many of you visit the Hunger Site on a daily basis and, with the simple
click of a mouse, donate food for the hungry, which is paid for by the
Hunger Site’s sponsors. This is a great way to do good and feel good at the
same time while it only costs you the time it takes to click your mouse.
Want to do even more? Well, our friend, Ray Whiting, has a page at his Two
Scoops site where you can click on the Hunger Site to donate food AND do the
same thing for the Red Cross, cancer research, and four other groups. We
urge you to visit this site daily to make your free donation. As we said, it
doesn’t cost you anything but a few moments of time to do a lot of good.

So please visit: http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.